PDA

View Full Version : If Sox win 5 of 6 on roadtrip...

Viva Magglio
05-05-2003, 09:59 AM
...Fred Huebner said he would buy a Cubs cap and Sammy Sosa jersey and wear it for a week. I think Fred is safe from having to undergo this painful exercise.

Procol Harum
05-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...Fred Huebner said he would buy a Cubs cap and Sammy Sosa jersey and wear it for a week. I think Fred is safe from having to undergo this painful exercise.

To base a wager on the Sox winning 5 of 6 on this upcoming disaster swing on the Left Coast is tantamount to offering to buy someone dinner should the tide not come in tomorrow.

ssang
05-05-2003, 10:09 AM
I'd bet $1000 without a second of hesitation that the Sox DO NOT win 5 of 6 on this road trip

jortafan
05-05-2003, 10:26 AM
If the Sox "win" 5 of 6 on this road trip, I'll know somebody provided me with exceptional quality drugs and that I was hallucinating for a week.

I'd be content if they won 3 of six, but I'm not optimistic.

Mammoo
05-05-2003, 11:18 AM
...the Sox can win two games on this trip! :(:

Foulke You
05-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by jortafan
If the Sox "win" 5 of 6 on this road trip, I'll know somebody provided me with exceptional quality drugs and that I was hallucinating for a week.

I'd be content if they won 3 of six, but I'm not optimistic.

With the way Oakland and Seattle are playing right now compared to the low level we are playing right now, to go into their stadium and win 3 of the 6 games would be a smashing success. I think 2 of 6 is probably a more realistic assessment of what we'll do this week.

South Sider
05-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Winning 5 of 6 on the coast would be great.......'till the moment I wake up and realize that it was just another dream of me.

Winning 0-2 games are realistic right now.

I would be thankful, if we just play some fundamental Baseball
and are still in those games entering the 7th inning.

OK. Maybe there are fans out there who are Sox fans for a longer time then I am.

But I think the Sox were never that bad like right now.

But as always, I will watch them (MLB TV) , even if the west coast games will start at 4 a.m. local time. (At least I cget some sleep before the games start)

So Sox fans aren't that bad.

They just care about their team and hate it to see them play like
they do right now.

Yes, it always hurts me when the Sox loose.
But it hurts more, when they play with no heart, no hunger and no enthusiasm like the last 2 weeks.

It's time to make some drastic changes.

Keep Mags, Buehrle and Jose
Trade the rest (if someone wants them)
Fire KW,JM,GW

Even if they'll loose more games then right now....I want to see some hungry kids who have heart and love the game and can play fundamental Baseball

And maybe in 3-5 years...........Playoffs?????????

Chisox353014
05-05-2003, 12:09 PM
If the Sox win 5 of 6 on this road trip, I'll put on a banana costume and jump in the gorilla cage at Lincoln Park Zoo.