PDA

View Full Version : I am done.


Blueprint1
05-05-2003, 10:55 AM
I am going to take a break from watching this team play. I can't stand to watch the next six games. I think they are going to lose all six of them. What do we do when we have lost 11 of the last 12 games. How can you not fire a manager when you lose 11 of 12. Good Managers get their teams to step up when better teams are in town. We always roll over and die. I can't remember the last time the Sox beat a team that was better than them. Lets face it the season is over.

harwar
05-05-2003, 10:59 AM
How would you like to be Koch and have to go back to Oakland and face those people.Be tough billy boy ..

Chisox353014
05-05-2003, 11:38 AM
I'm not done completely done yet, but I know where you're coming from. I have a simple set of rules that I've been following the last few weeks:
1. Sox fall behind by 5 runs or more at any point during the game; turn game off.
1a. "Hawk says "Sox have a whooole bunch of work to do" at any point during
the game; turn game off
2. Sox fall behind by 3 runs or more after 5 innings; turn game off
3. Sox are behind by 2 runs or more after 7 innings; turn game off
You save yourself a lot of frustration and are much more productive in your daily life when following these guidlines.

hose
05-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
I am going to take a break from watching this team play. I can't stand to watch the next six games. I think they are going to lose all six of them. What do we do when we have lost 11 of the last 12 games. How can you not fire a manager when you lose 11 of 12. Good Managers get their teams to step up when better teams are in town. We always roll over and die. I can't remember the last time the Sox beat a team that was better than them. Lets face it the season is over.


I am thinking along your lines about taking a break from the beloved, but I don't think our season is over just yet.

The late starts on the coast will give me a good reason to hit the sack on time and read about the game next day.

As disappointed as I am with the White Sox performance so far I still don't think of them as a Met type of team that just isn't going to get better.

Not making excuses but I can't recall a run of bad things happening like this season so far. The organization is getting ripped for umpires getting attacked, Billy Beane explains just how much of a sap KW is, the club is playing like crap, the weather is the worst I've ever seen to open a season, and even the fans are being tossed into the mix as not being worthy enough for the All-star game. The fans are now being ridiculed, unfricking believable.!!!!! We can't get any lower than this, this IS rock bottom.

Time to start winning some baseball games !!!!!!!

Chisox353014
05-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by hose
We can't get any lower than this, this IS rock bottom.

Oh, we can definitely get lower. Check back in about...say...7 days from now. We're still miles above sea level right now.

CHISOXFAN13
05-05-2003, 11:44 AM
For some reason, I'm sure I'll stay up every night and watch this crap. I'll pay for it in the mornings at work, but I just can't stay away for some reason. I feel like I'm watching a bad accident on the side of the road. I just can't take my days off of it.

Foulke You
05-05-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
For some reason, I'm sure I'll stay up every night and watch this crap. I'll pay for it in the mornings at work, but I just can't stay away for some reason. I feel like I'm watching a bad accident on the side of the road. I just can't take my days off of it.

Take comfort in the fact that you won't be alone in your late night watching of this train wreck of a team. I have to watch. It's just part of being a Sox fan.

"To be a Sox fan frees a man from every other form of penance"

-Bill Veeck

DonkeyKongerko
05-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

1a. "Hawk says "Sox have a whooole bunch of work to do" at any point during
the game; turn game off


Don't forget "We'll go to the bottom of the __th, Sox in trouble"
or more generally just "Sox in trouble"

lowesox
05-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Take comfort in the fact that you won't be alone in your late night watching of this train wreck of a team. I have to watch. It's just part of being a Sox fan.

"To be a Sox fan frees a man from every other form of penance"

-Bill Veeck

Me too. I've tried not watching in past years, and the weirdest part is, you miss it. No matter how bad it is when you're watching.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Somebody once noted the following about Sox Fans.

"For us watching a Sox game is like watching a Greek tragedy, or perhaps living through a train wreck. We recognize our heroes’ fatal flaw, but we can’t turn away as they meet their inevitable demise. We sense our own perilous position, but clutch our seats even tighter, fearing what’s next.

"Go to the BallMall. Have a churro. You’ve got it coming."

Gee, who was that guy?

:smile:

sox_fan_forever
05-05-2003, 09:44 PM
I have been taking a break of sorts from watching the games during the past week, and unless things change significantly, I'll continue to do so. I've only seen bits and pieces of the past few games on tv, but I haven't really watched them. I turn on my radio, and if the Sox are doing really bad I pretty much tune the game out while I do something else. I have to leave it on though because I can't bear to "cut all ties" so to speak. Like someone else said, it's like watching a bad accident. You can't stop. But I also couldn't stand to see it on tv either. It was ruining too many good days. So I came up with my radio rule. It's been working nicely.

HawkDJ
05-05-2003, 10:09 PM
When times get bad like this, I just come into games expecting everything and anything to go wrong. If we lose, I was right. If we win..hey thats fine with me. That's basically my game plan.

TornLabrum
05-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Somebody once noted the following about Sox Fans.

"For us watching a Sox game is like watching a Greek tragedy, or perhaps living through a train wreck. We recognize our heroes’ fatal flaw, but we can’t turn away as they meet their inevitable demise. We sense our own perilous position, but clutch our seats even tighter, fearing what’s next.

"Go to the BallMall. Have a churro. You’ve got it coming."

Gee, who was that guy?

:smile:

Greek tragedy? It reminds me more of a train wreck!

Blueprint1
05-05-2003, 10:54 PM
I can't even stop checking this site.