PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Threads - Please Read


voodoochile
05-05-2003, 01:27 AM
Folks, this is starting to become a problem again. Please refrain from starting new threads to discuss individual plays from the game, or bemoan your plight as a Sox fan because of those plays.

I will try to start an official game day thread every day, but if you come to the board and it is game time and you don't see one, feel free to start one on your own. Then, everybody please use that thread. Other threads regarding game play will be deleted.

Please title your thead something like:

*Official* game day thread (todays date and opponent)

Thank You. It may seem trivial, but everything you do to help hold down costs helps and this does.

Also, remember that if you want to talk about the game while in progress, there are generally people in the chat room during each and every game.

bc2k
05-05-2003, 02:09 AM
:takeittochat

valposoxfan
05-05-2003, 02:19 AM
The Sox will take over First Place on May 15th, and never be behind the rest of the season.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you bc2k.

LuvSox
05-05-2003, 08:47 AM
How about everyone throwing a couple of bucks George's way? It won't kill ya.

GASHWOUND
05-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
How about everyone throwing a couple of bucks George's way? It won't kill ya.

Actually, it might..

For one, its physically impossible to throw bills long distances..so the obvious thing to do is crumple them up into little balls, but you can only throw it so far..maybe 30 ft...but if I were to do that there's the possibility of people seeing this and as anyone knows..if someone sees a Brinks trunk roll over and the cash come tumbling out its every man for himself..same goes for my actions...People may see me throwing money and that may cause a stampede trampling me to death while they rob me of my cashola...So yes, it can kill you :gulp:

bc2k
05-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
How about everyone throwing a couple of bucks George's way? It won't kill ya.

Does he take cash or only checks?

LuvSox
05-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Actually, it might..

For one, its physically impossible to throw bills long distances..so the obvious thing to do is crumple them up into little balls, but you can only throw it so far..maybe 30 ft...but if I were to do that there's the possibility of people seeing this and as anyone knows..if someone sees a Brinks trunk roll over and the cash come tumbling out its every man for himself..same goes for my actions...People may see me throwing money and that may cause a stampede trampling me to death while they rob me of my cashola...So yes, it can kill you :gulp:

Should've seen this coming, especially from a guy in Merrillville. :D:

voodoochile
05-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Actually, it might..

For one, its physically impossible to throw bills long distances..so the obvious thing to do is crumple them up into little balls, but you can only throw it so far..maybe 30 ft...but if I were to do that there's the possibility of people seeing this and as anyone knows..if someone sees a Brinks trunk roll over and the cash come tumbling out its every man for himself..same goes for my actions...People may see me throwing money and that may cause a stampede trampling me to death while they rob me of my cashola...So yes, it can kill you :gulp:

Wrap the dollar bill around a Golden dollar coin and you can throw it much further, thus minimizing the chance that the crowd will trample you...

Daver
05-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Actually, it might..

For one, its physically impossible to throw bills long distances..so the obvious thing to do is crumple them up into little balls, but you can only throw it so far..maybe 30 ft...but if I were to do that there's the possibility of people seeing this and as anyone knows..if someone sees a Brinks trunk roll over and the cash come tumbling out its every man for himself..same goes for my actions...People may see me throwing money and that may cause a stampede trampling me to death while they rob me of my cashola...So yes, it can kill you :gulp:

Carry one of these.Problem solved.

TheBigHurt
05-05-2003, 11:38 PM
HOW do we send some money????

SUGGESTION'S to lower costs:
1. USE edit more
2. REMOVE signatures or make them smaller
3. STOP saying BE GOOD

BE GOOD

GASHWOUND
05-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Should've seen this coming, especially from a guy in Merrillville. :D:

Hmm, I don't know how to take that..as an insult or as a jaded compliment.
Did you mean that all Merrillvillians are a bunch of pansy's that know nothing of the big city..more like small time folk of the back woods of Southern Indiana and are simpletons who only thing of the all might dollar before our fellow man..Or did you mean that all Merrillvillians are a bunch of criminals that would chop of someones head off for a quarter, that know nothing of the actions on how a proper person shall behave, but of the savage beast..A hoodlum
I can not properly respond until I know the true meaning behind your jab, or playful ribbing.....What did......you mean..............................You are under oath, you must respond truthfully, or may god mave mercy on your soul..



Not that I'm obsessed with what you mean or anything..just curious :gulp: :cool: :smile:

GASHWOUND
05-06-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
HOW do we send some money????

SUGGESTION'S to lower costs:
1. USE edit more
2. REMOVE signatures or make them smaller
3. STOP saying BE GOOD

BE GOOD

I doubt you ommitting your "Be Good" catch phrase from the ending of your posts is gonna make any difference in the running costs. :smile:
But you may use the sigh of the GWOUND at the end of your posts. I used this sign after many of my ending at other messageboards not realited to sports or anything..But didn't use it here for reasons unknown...It was my calling card..


$

GASHWOUND
05-06-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by daver
Carry one of these.Problem solved.

And probably a bit easier to carry and conceal then my first choice of weaponry..a bazooka :gulp:

LuvSox
05-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


Hmm, I don't know how to take that..as an insult or as a jaded compliment.

I've lived in Griffith, Merrillville, Schererville & Portage; I'm moving back to Schererville. My experience is, if you're gonna meet a smart ass, he's probably from Merrillville. :D:


Originally posted by GASHWOUND


I doubt you ommitting your "Be Good" catch phrase from the ending of your posts is gonna make any difference in the running costs. :smile:

No, by all means, try it. you never know! :D:

DaveGusinSeattle
05-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Hi Schererville! I grew up in St. John, left in 1986. My Dad has lived there since about 1955ish. You didn't happen to grow up there? :cool:

LuvSox
05-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by DaveGusinSeattle
Hi Schererville! I grew up in St. John, left in 1986. My Dad has lived there since about 1955ish. You didn't happen to grow up there? :cool:


Nope, grew up in Griffith. :gulp:

oheeoh...magglio
07-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Zambrano's Spunk Receptacle
Flubbies SUCK

no YOU SUCK...your team is cursed by a billy goat, your manager is a racist, your right fielder is a cheater, your ballpark is a urinal, your fans are a******* and you are a fool that has found his way to the wrong message board.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-14-2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the clean-up, Mods. Nicely done.

JC456
07-25-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
no YOU SUCK...your team is cursed by a billy goat, your manager is a racist, your right fielder is a cheater, your ballpark is a urinal, your fans are a******* and you are a fool that has found his way to the wrong message board.

I think I've read this on another message board A/S. Nothing different over here. :D:

nasox
10-26-2003, 02:24 AM
can you delete the threads that are really old, like two years old? I don't know, if not ill just shut up and crawl back into my hole and no post anymore.

voodoochile
10-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by nasox
can you delete the threads that are really old, like two years old? I don't know, if not ill just shut up and crawl back into my hole and no post anymore.

No, we don't delete old threads. Why would you?