PDA

View Full Version : What did we do to deserve this?

Viva Magglio
05-04-2003, 11:06 PM
What did we do to deserve this? Not only are we losing, we have to endure Cub winning and Cub fans' masturbation over their team being in first place in May.

:chunks

GASHWOUND
05-04-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
What did we do to deserve this? Not only are we losing, we have to endure Cub winning and Cub fans' masturbation over their team being in first place in May.

Hmm, good question..I guess we're being cursed cause we've enjoyed so much success in the last century the baseball gods are letting us Sox fans experience what it's like to lose and be miserable....... :whiner:

Soxboyrob
05-04-2003, 11:12 PM

Man, quit worrying about the Cubs and their fans. Our team flat out sucks. That's enough to drive me batty. The Cubs have a history of starting like this and fading later on. Just tell them, "yep, your team is awesome. You guys are probably going all the way this year."

Daver
05-04-2003, 11:14 PM

You'll have to clean that up yourself,the Sanitation Engineer has Sunday's off.........

:)

Lip Man 1
05-04-2003, 11:21 PM
I don't know....the Black Sox Curse?

Seriously maybe it would have been better for Uncle Jerry to have moved the club to Florida. Chicago would have had an expansion team back by now and we might have gotten rid of the bad apples. I mean Arizona won 100 games in what their 4th year? and the series in their 5th??

You couldn't pick a more disasterous, pathetic situation then Sunday night. Lousy weather (while the Cubs of course got their game in a few hours earlier), no fans and a zombie like performance by the team. One could almost imagine ESPN praying that the game be called off and it was after five. I'm sure they couldn't wait to get the hell out of town.

They won't be back for five years.

But I'm sure Manager Gandhi will have a joke or two for the writers tomorrow like he did in Sunday's morning papers. We suck and the manager's laughing....amazing.

Lip

baggio202
05-04-2003, 11:44 PM
it seems like the baseball gods still havent forgiven us for the greatest trasgression the game has ever known...the sins of the fathers (grandfathers) passed on to the sons..and to our sons and their sons and so on and on and on until we are so far removed from the perpetrators of this dastardly deed that evilness could never touch the game again...

could be a while yet :smile:

pudge
05-05-2003, 02:40 AM
Viva - you're always a little too dramatic... don't worry about the Cubs, they will fade as expected.

I can't call our organization "bad" because they've kept our team competitive for nearly every season since 1990, and that's not easy to do. But, we have ALWAYS underachived in those past 13 years, and it's getting tiring. I really hope KW shows some guts and finds his own manager. Then, if KW's manager fails, KW gets the boot and we start all over.

As for Lip as Mariotti.... hmmm, I think you're on to something. ;)

Hullett_Fan
05-05-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
You couldn't pick a more disasterous, pathetic situation then Sunday night. Lousy weather (while the Cubs of course got their game in a few hours earlier), no fans and a zombie like performance by the team. One could almost imagine ESPN praying that the game be called off and it was after five. I'm sure they couldn't wait to get the hell out of town.

They won't be back for five years.

But I'm sure Manager Gandhi will have a joke or two for the writers tomorrow like he did in Sunday's morning papers. We suck and the manager's laughing....amazing.

Lip

I don't know about life being better if the team had moved to FLA, but otherwise, I think you're onto something Lip.

ESPN definitely won't be coming back here. I said it opening day (while tailgating in sleet and 30 degree weather for 3 hrs): Jerry should have put a retractable roof on this sucker! Sox would be drawing larger crowds if people knew they could come see baseball in comfort during April and May... these people would enjoy the experience and return later in the season.

As for the Cubs...good for them! They went out and got a manager that can motivate his team and they built a great pitching staff from within (Wood, Prior, Zambrano) and great trades/FA pick-ups (Clement, Remlinger). All the hype about our young guns seems like it was BS. Garland, Wright?? As for our hitters? They look like they'd rather be somewhere else.

Time to give this team a wake-up call before it's too late. Can't fire 25 players, so fire Manuel. :angry:

Mammoo
05-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Hey, Cubs fans should be giddy over their team's success. I frown upon public penile manipulation, but that's because they have the pleasure of rooting for a well run team!

Anyhoo, Cub fans have eaten massive amounts of doo-doo over the years so be prepared for what's in store for us this summer! The worst part is Sox management will blame fans for not flocking to The Cell.