PDA

View Full Version : JErry Manuel has managed his last game

lowesox
05-04-2003, 10:51 PM
He and Gary Ward will be fired tomorrow. No source, just a very strong hunch.

MRKARNO
05-04-2003, 10:52 PM
God I hope so

:firejerry

There would be a full day to get the new manager in so it makes even more sense

SoxxoS
05-04-2003, 10:53 PM
lowe-

You got me so excited when I read your thread. Hopefully, your hunch is correct.
I personally think it's Ward for sure.

lowesox
05-04-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
lowe-

You got me so excited when I read your thread. Hopefully, your hunch is correct.
I personally think it's Ward for sure.

There comes a point when the players start waiting for the manager to get axed. I think that this happened about 5-6 games ago. Because lets face it a team might fail to show up once or twice here and there, but they only really shown up to one game in the last 6.

The fact that this team is now one game under .500, and the fact that we fell above the 5 games back mark, and like you said the day off. I'm almost positive.

Bobby Valentine?

Viva Magglio
05-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

Don't hold your breath.

MRKARNO
05-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Bobby Valentine? [/B]

Bobby Valentine.

1951Campbell
05-04-2003, 11:05 PM
:reinsy
Bobby Valentine? I can't afford to outbid the boys in Bristol! I hear Gary Ward is cheap, though.

GASHWOUND
05-04-2003, 11:16 PM

You may want to tell that to that STUBBORN Son of a Bitch, Kenny Williams...

Like I said before, KW has said he's not firing Manuel...Jerry is gonna have to own up to his failure as a manager and RESIGN as the manager of the Chicago White Sox. :angry:

dllrbll7
05-04-2003, 11:34 PM
I personally think he is goin to get the axe tomorrow but i also think that it never comes at the logical time when we all think it should. It always gets dragged out.

valposoxfan
05-05-2003, 12:01 AM
I have a very strong hunch as well, however you can never tell with this organization. It is so anticipated that it almost has to happen now. Everyone is calling for his head. Gary Ward is going with him as well. It could be a very interesting next 72 hours guys. I pray to God Jerry Manuel is not on the plane to Oakland. LoweSox I hope you are right in your hunch.....the opportunity is perfect.

pissonthecubs
05-05-2003, 12:16 AM
i can definitely agree with that idea and i can only pray that your hunch is dead on, LoweSox. When a team with this calaber of players on it is doing this bad, this far into the season, you have to trace it back to the top. and that would be Gary Ward, Jerry Manual, and number one, Kenny Williams. his rank of #16 on SI's list of top minorities was such bull! Our team has done nothing but just say afloat for the last 2 seasons, going on the third. Things need to change, and they need to change NOW for this team to compete this season. lets only hope that with a day to make the move will be tomorrow and it gets done swiftly.

MHOUSE
05-05-2003, 12:37 AM
They moved for Harris at the weekend, they brought Wright back up tonight, the next change is to fire JM and Ward. It's an off day, it's such a perfect time for it. They just need to do it and be done. Good god it's been long enough. Over 6 seasons he's less than 15 games over .500 and that includes a really good 2000 season when we won 93 games. On this recent showing that's not near enough to warrant keeping your job.

Huisj
05-05-2003, 12:42 AM
95 games actually in 2000

Saracen
05-05-2003, 01:19 AM
Bobby Valentine
Oh gee, I'd be so excited to get a limelight-hogging prima donna who couldn't do anything with Texas teams that featured Nolan Ryan, Kevin Brown, Kenny Rogers and Oil-Can Boyd in the same rotation (not to mention Goose Gossage in the bullpen) and lets his clubhouses go completely out of control due to lack of discipline. Sounds like exactly what we need!

alohafri
05-05-2003, 09:41 AM
My Sox flag is down until the Jer is gone...if that means it is down all season, so be it.

Blame Lenny Williams all you want, but Manuel is glued to the bench. The only time he goes onto the field is to pull a pitcher. We have been stinking more than the stockyards on a hot summer day, but we have also had some close calls go against us...and Manuel sits on the bench! A good manager goes out and fights for his players!

:capone
You's guys know I'd fight for my players!