SoxxoS
05-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Nice. Now it's time to go to step #2 on the list-

:firejerry

AND/OR

:fireward

Bucktown
05-04-2003, 09:57 PM
They should get a bus and take this entire team of double play hitting, bad base-running, poor fielding, sub-250 hitting, slackers to Charlotte.

Daver
05-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
They should get a bus and take this entire team of double play hitting, bad base-running, poor fielding, sub-250 hitting, slackers to Charlotte.

:partybus

lowesox
05-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Any change is good change. MOre to follow?

bc2k
05-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Just announced on Wills' postgame show.

And Garland comes out smelling like roses. Bull****. Where is the responsibility factor? Manuel, Ward, Garland, all three of them. I'm glad I missed tonight's game.

Hey Sox fans, remember late last season when we finally got back to .500 and they mention when the last time that we were at this mark was in May? Yeah, I'm afraid of another season like that.

I'm not really high on Borchard, but leave him in AAA if only to keep JM and Ward from killing this guy.

We are guaranteed if a White Flag happens, it will happen after July 15. JR is not going to take the PR hit by selling his players before his home field All-Star game.

Where is the State of the Sox Address, JR? I will have no respect for JR if he White Flags it before firing Manuel. Fire JM first and see how the team responds.

Darren Baker sang the 7th inning stretch today. And said his favorite Cubs player was "Big Chewy." Oh, fantastic. Does Wally Backman have any kids/grandkids?

Speaking of kids, am I the only one who was fuming when the Sox drafted Anthony Manuel in the late rounds of the draft? What a wasted pick, especially when Anthony knew he was going to college anyway. He made us waste a pick so he can claim he was drafted into MLB. I don't care what round he was picked in. A wasted pick is a wasted pick, and for those who disagree, remember that MARK BUEHRLE was picked in the 38th round. Anthony Manuel, you might have to drop out of school since yo daddy is soon to be unemployed, fairy.

jeremyb1
05-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
And Garland comes out smelling like roses. Bull****. Where is the responsibility factor? Manuel, Ward, Garland, all three of them. I'm glad I missed tonight's game.

what are we supposed to do? outside of calling up rauch i don't see what you want to do with garland. i don't think there's much of an argument for sending garland down instead of stewart. someone had to go.

Lip Man 1
05-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Remember when Ron Schueler drafted his DAUGHTER!

That's the Sox organization for you.

Lip

bc2k
05-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
what are we supposed to do? outside of calling up rauch i don't see what you want to do with garland. i don't think there's much of an argument for sending garland down instead of stewart. someone had to go.

Stewart deserved to go down. It was time for Wright to come up. But Garland still deserves to be demoted, if not to AAA, then at least the bullpen. The obvious replacement is Rauch, although I don't care who takes Garland's spot in the rotation. Send Judy the message that nothing is guaranteed, this isn't the beach. Let Judy know that she isn't in California anymore, and that this is the city of big shoulders, not "boulders."

jeremyb1
05-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Stewart deserved to go down. It was time for Wright to come up. But Garland still deserves to be demoted, if not to AAA, then at least the bullpen. The obvious replacement is Rauch, although I don't care who takes Garland's spot in the rotation. Send Judy the message that nothing is guaranteed, this isn't the beach. Let Judy know that she isn't in California anymore, and that this is the city of big shoulders, not "boulders."

i think manuel conveyed that message to him in a meeting they had before his start against minnesota. you have to realize we're talking about five starts here. if garlands era is 6 and a half in two or three weeks he most likely won't remain in the rotation.

regardless, while the starting pitching could be better we're not going to beat anyone if we don't start putting runs on the board.

bc2k
05-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
regardless, while the starting pitching could be better we're not going to beat anyone if we don't start putting runs on the board.

True, but just because the hitting is a bigger weakness, doesn't mean we should ignore every other weakness.

I'm glad David Lee Roth didn't get his wish: Only 1/5 of our rotation is a California girl.

pissonthecubs
05-04-2003, 11:26 PM
If it was only so easy to do the same with Koch, Gordon, and White. (is it me or does Rick White look too much like David Wells? Fat, bald, and a goatee that is too big.)

MHOUSE
05-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Stewie obviously didn't have what it takes to start long-term, YET. He had a couple of ok outings, but nothing spectactular. They rode his hot SP like they said and gave him a chance to show his stuff until Wright was ready. That was the plan all along.

In a perfect world we could move Garland down as well, but right now Rauch seems to be the only option for the rotation and I don't think he'd have much more impact that Stewart did. Porzio has pitched well as a starter but I don't know if he can pitch 5-6 innings in the majors.

I think they'll give Jon a few more starts to show something before they make a move about him. He's got 3 years under his belt and like it or not he's being given the benefit of the doubt over 5 starts. Not a bad idea by the Sox. This move is a good one and hopefully the first of many changes.

TheBigHurt
05-05-2003, 11:05 PM
I didnt see a thread so...
JOSH Stewart was optioned to Charlotte and Wright comes off the DL. LETS hope Wright is not wrong........

Wright's Stats:
0-2 with a 3.38 ERA (7 ER/18.2 IP) and 16 K's in 4 starts for the Knights.

A present from me to you:
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030504&content_id=305273&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp
BE GOOD