PDA

View Full Version : am I in hell?

cheeses_h_rice
05-04-2003, 10:11 PM
1. Sox losing 5-1, and the game likely to be called.

2. Sox dropping to third place after the Twinks win.

3. And HAVING TO WATCH SAMMY EFFING SOSA IN THE 2002 HOME RUN DERBY BEING REPLAYED ON ESPN during this rain delay.

Yes, this is Hell. Please, someone, kill me. Right now.

baggio202
05-04-2003, 10:18 PM
i take it a few months back when we were talking about "hell in the cell" this want what you had in mind :?:

Bucktown
05-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
If it were hell wouldn't you already be dead, and therefore, we coldn't kill you?

MRKARNO
05-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Sammy lost the derby if which mad me less mad (I never saw the 2002 derby)

MHOUSE
05-04-2003, 10:56 PM
*SHOOT*

There ya go cheese. :D:

Procol Harum
05-04-2003, 11:14 PM

No, this isn't Hell, Cheeses. This is baseball life on the South Side of Chicago. :angry:

GASHWOUND
05-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
No, this isn't Hell, Cheeses. This is baseball life on the South Side of Chicago. :angry:

This is baseball life on the South Side of Chicago.

Sigh.................. :whiner: :gulp: :beer

Procol Harum
05-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Sigh.................. :whiner: :gulp: :beer

Wonder if the boys can come up with a special South Side Suicidal Smilie?

Lip Man 1
05-04-2003, 11:25 PM
You want to talk about being in hell?

Can you imagine if the Cubs ever get to a Series BEFORE the Sox??

You might as well call in the moving vans because the South Side franchise will be deader then a three day old stiff.

Lip

1951Campbell
05-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
You want to talk about being in hell?

Can you imagine if the Cubs ever get to a Series BEFORE the Sox??

You might as well call in the moving vans because the South Side franchise will be deader then a three day old stiff.

Lip

But then, if the Cubs win, we will have waited the longest of all since our last win, and then we will be the most tragic and lovable of all, and John Updike, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Dan Shaunessy and
:boston
will write epic poetry in our praise. That's better than winning, right?

WinningUgly!
05-05-2003, 12:34 AM

3. And HAVING TO WATCH SAMMY EFFING SOSA IN THE 2002 HOME RUN DERBY BEING REPLAYED ON ESPN during this rain delay.

That was the icing on the cake for me. I had the game on in my living room, then left the room once they started the rain delay, to do a few things around the house. A little while later I hear a bunch of cheering & run back into the living room to see what's going on. For the 2 seconds it took me to get back in front of the TV, I actually had my hopes up that the Sox were showing signs of life. Imagine the crappy feeling I got when I saw Sosa taking swings....Stooooopid me :angry:

cheeses_h_rice
05-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
That was the icing on the cake for me. I had the game on in my living room, then left the room once they started the rain delay, to do a few things around the house. A little while later I hear a bunch of cheering & run back into the living room to see what's going on. For the 2 seconds it took me to get back in front of the TV, I actually had my hopes up that the Sox were showing signs of life. Imagine the crappy feeling I got when I saw Sosa taking swings....Stooooopid me :angry:

:knue

LMAO! Guess who got hisself a job in the ESPN tape room, cheeses?!?

Bwaaaaahahahahahahaa!!!

Twins8791
05-05-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice: Am I in hell?
(paraphrasing Field of Dreams): No! You're in Illinois!

jortafan
05-05-2003, 08:26 AM
If you were in hell, you'd be surrounded by bricks, ivy and a whole lot of cheery people all excited at the sight of the mighty Sammy Sosa, hitting another cheap fly ball into the basket.