PDA

View Full Version : Okay, everyone has their breaking point..

Fridaythe13thJason
05-04-2003, 09:36 PM
You guys have got me now. I'm on your team. At the start of this game, I was still in the defiant frame of mind that we would be fine. I don't see it now. No one cares, this team is not playing well and probably won't.

Where I don't agree is with this team being bad. This team is not bad. This team is good, with good players. I think the roster is better than that of the Cubs, for an example of a good team right now.

We need to make a move. It's so nice and early and we're only about to be 1 game under...not a big deal. Don't go with the best coach, don't go with the obvious choice. Just replace Manuel and staff with the best motivating manager. Maybe someone who comes in here and lights a fire can get this team to play well. I don't need to see them play wonderful fundamental baseball, or be a team that they're not. I just want to seethem do what it is they can...play as a team, mash the ball, and have fun. This is hard to watch. This is especially hard to watch considering I got the pleasure of watching the Angels play last season in the World Series and during the year, and now this year. They really aren't that good. But they like each other, they play well together, and they are excited about everything. I am never bored watching that team.

capn12
05-04-2003, 09:43 PM
and then, the 2003 Sox take the field...
http://images2.fotki.com/v15/photos/3/32705/111626/blownaway-vi.jpg

Each new day sets a new Sox record of futility.

gosox3072
05-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Im not ready to give in yet. We just need to get through this strech of games against Oakland and Seattle. After that we have a chance to really storm back, hopefully by then we will get out of this 2 week slump that weve had.

Starting May 13th we play Baltimore (3), Minnesota (3), Toronto (3), Detroit (3), Toronto (4), Cleveland (4)

This is a very easy part of our schedule, itll be up to us to win a few vs the tough A's and M's but we should and need to get hot against these bottomfeeders.

whitesoxwilkes
05-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Im not ready to give in yet. We just need to get through this strech of games against Oakland and Seattle. After that we have a chance to really storm back, hopefully by then we will get out of this 2 week slump that weve had.

Starting May 13th we play Baltimore (3), Minnesota (3), Toronto (3), Detroit (3), Toronto (4), Cleveland (4)

This is a very easy part of our schedule, itll be up to us to win a few vs the tough A's and M's but we should and need to get hot against these bottomfeeders.

I'm with you GoSox. We need to go on a TEAR after we finish our West Coast swing..if not, start throwing the dirt on the coffin of the 2003 season...

Fridaythe13thJason
05-04-2003, 10:57 PM
I'm not giving up...I just see what everyone is talking about. This team is not fun to watch. They don't get excited about anything. They don't want to be a team and work together to win. That is sad.

lowesox
05-04-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
I'm not giving up...I just see what everyone is talking about. This team is not fun to watch. They don't get excited about anything. They don't want to be a team and work together to win. That is sad.

I think tonight's game was the last straw for those of us defending this team. And while I still think good things can come, I feel strongly that its time for a major change, or two (if you include Gary Ward as a major change.)

Lip Man 1
05-04-2003, 11:35 PM
SoCal and Lowe:

Welcome to the dark side! (LOL)

Seriously now you know why us "pessimists" have such a hard time getting excited about anything the Sox do. Somehow, someway they always find a way to screw it up...even when they aren't trying to do so.

Damn if I can figure it out but it does get to you after awhile (try 42 years)

Lip