PDA

View Full Version : Flat out, this organization sucks

balboner
05-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Who really thinks that firing Manuel will make this team better? The way the Sox have played over last 3 years, there's no reason for us to believe that they can play consistently for over a month or so. Our supposed aces in Colon and Buehrle have been very disappointing this year, and our young guys look lost all the time. There's really no end in sight here

capn12
05-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.....balboner has hit it right on the head. Football season cant get here fast enough for me now.

valposoxfan
05-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Yeah, but you need to start somewhere and it starts with Manuel. You can't just let him keep his job with this terrible situation. This team is horrid.

Bucktown
05-04-2003, 10:02 PM
I think you have to start with Kenny Williams. Has he made one trade that has worked out?

WhiteSox = Life
05-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Yeah. Marte, but he hasn't been used enough by Mr. Manuel.

capn12
05-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Well, you have to judge on intent, and the intent for improving the team via trade has been there everytime. That doesnt mean that the trades are working out. Heck, we absolutely STOLE Colon from the Expos, Marte has been a cornerstone for the Pen and we got him for someone who wont see a MLB roster IMHO. Ritchie trade, well it appeared like we had tons of young arms, and we needed a pitcher who could work lots of innings, the INTENT was there. KW has at least put the effort out there to make this team a winner. Manuel, OTOH, thats a whole other thread there, my man.

lowesox
05-04-2003, 10:09 PM
I think the players really like Jerry Manuel. His being fired should sit heavily on their consciences. I'm one of the rare few who really liked Jerry but we need to light a spark. We need a motivator. We need Tony Robbins.

Daver
05-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I think you have to start with Kenny Williams. Has he made one trade that has worked out?

Jiminez,Olivo,Marte,Harris,most of the other minor leaguers are developing well.

1951Campbell
05-04-2003, 10:13 PM
:reinsy
This orgainzation sucks? But I used all the same sports consultants that the Arizona Cardinals did!

Lip Man 1
05-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Balboner:

Like I said a few days ago you've got to get rid of everyone from the owner on down, completely...everybody... including the PR / Media / and Marketing departments.

Half assed rebuilding projects don't work here. Blow it up, burn the remains and start from scratch.

Just wondering..... Is The Sky Falling Yet?

Lip

bc2k
05-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Who really thinks that firing Manuel will make this team better? The way the Sox have played over last 3 years, there's no reason for us to believe that they can play consistently for over a month or so.

[hand raised] Me. Even if a new manager doesn't make this team better, could it make them worse?

And I don't understand your argument about team play over the past 3 years. Who was the one and only manager over that time of inconsistent play? Manuel. It wasn't like the Sox played like this through 4 different managers.

gosox41
05-05-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by capn12
Well, you have to judge on intent, and the intent for improving the team via trade has been there everytime. That doesnt mean that the trades are working out. Heck, we absolutely STOLE Colon from the Expos, Marte has been a cornerstone for the Pen and we got him for someone who wont see a MLB roster IMHO. Ritchie trade, well it appeared like we had tons of young arms, and we needed a pitcher who could work lots of innings, the INTENT was there. KW has at least put the effort out there to make this team a winner. Manuel, OTOH, thats a whole other thread there, my man.

Hire me, my intentions are good.

Seriously, all GM's intend to make their teams better. KW lacks the capacity to actually do it.

He is my favorte person to blame for the Sox troubles. That Billy Koch trade is working out worse then I would have thought...and I was against it since day 1.

I have an idea...let's trade a good pitcher who only has one year left on his contract for a worse pitcher so we can sign him for 2 years.

Does anyone else see why this team is sucking so bad?

Bob

harwar
05-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Balboner:

Like I said a few days ago you've got to get rid of everyone from the owner on down, completely...everybody... including the PR / Media / and Marketing departments.

Half assed rebuilding projects don't work here. Blow it up, burn the remains and start from scratch.

I guess we all hate JR but much like The President hes' at times just a figure head.JR is a minority owner and although he has the power to run the team as he likes he still has to answer to some very powerful people.Along these lines of thinking,how long can this organization stay the course when the ship appears to be sinking.If things stay the same the White Sox will be playing to an empty stadium all year.The local media,espn,cub fans,and most of the city seem to hate The White Sox and bad luck has played a part.I find myself wondering if things continue to deteriorate,if the city of Chicago still wants to support 2 baseball teams.I am not standing on the proverbial ledge,i am starring into the abyss.

oldcomiskey
05-05-2003, 09:17 AM
one thing I have noticed is that the Sox dont hit and run enough---every starter should be running exept konerko and thomas

MisterB
05-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I guess we all hate JR but much like The President hes' at times just a figure head.JR is a minority owner and although he has the power to run the team as he likes he still has to answer to some very powerful people.

As long as payroll is kept low enough to turn a profit (no matter how badly the team does), the investors aren't gonna put any heat on JR. 'Dorf knows exactly who's buttering his bread, and it ain't the fans...