PDA

View Full Version : Kermit or Randar

Daver
05-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Do you guys know if Jason Dellearo was released?

He is no longer on the Knights roster.

SoxxoS
05-04-2003, 01:43 PM
I'm not either Kermit or Randar, but yes he was released yesterday.

Daver
05-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I'm not either Kermit or Randar, but yes he was released yesterday.

Thanx Soxxos.

So much for another Ron Schueler number one draft pick.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by daver
Thanx Soxxos.

So much for another Ron Schueler number one draft pick.

Was Dellaero the one who had a cup of coffee with the Sox in '99 after Manuel had finally seen enough of "Zero" Caruso's act at shortstop?

Boy, it seems like a long, long time ago. :(:

MHOUSE
05-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Wasn't he going to be a top prospect? I thought he was even playing well also. Any "offical" word on why he was released? Who replaces him?

Daver
05-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Was Dellaero the one who had a cup of coffee with the Sox in '99 after Manuel had finally seen enough of "Zero" Caruso's act at shortstop?

Boy, it seems like a long, long time ago. :(:

Yes he was.

Daver
05-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Wasn't he going to be a top prospect? I thought he was even playing well also. Any "offical" word on why he was released? Who replaces him?

He hasn't played well in three years,in fact the Sox tried to turn him into a pitcher at one point,a move he fought against vehemtly,I would speculate that is what brought on his release.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by daver
He hasn't played well in three years,in fact the Sox tried to turn him into a pitcher at one point,a move he fought against vehemtly,I would speculate that is what brought on his release.

Well that plus being a 4+ year veteran in AAA doesn't look too good on your resume, either. Maybe he'll end up playing for the Joliet Jackhammers.

:gulp:

MHOUSE
05-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Well that plus being a 4+ year veteran in AAA doesn't look too good on your resume, either. Maybe he'll end up playing for the Joliet Jackhammers.

Hopefully, but more likely he'll be signed as an unknown free agent by the Devil Rays, bat .400, and lead them to a World Series.

DrCrawdad
05-04-2003, 05:28 PM

Here's what will probably happen...

Jason will land with some MLB club. Jason will start out white hot - playing good defense and hitting. Jason will come to town while on this hot streak. The reactionary sports radio and the Cubune will trumpet this as another mistake of the Sox - lossing this terrific player. Jason will complain up and down while here about how the Sox treated him wrong.

Then Jason will leave town and struggle. The media will have moved on to another story as Jason fades into oblivion.

Think that is unrealistic? Think about Jeff Liefer.

MHOUSE
05-04-2003, 08:45 PM
good call Crawdad. maybe he'll just fade into oblivion instead though.