PDA

View Full Version : The play that did it for me....

Tragg
05-03-2003, 11:58 PM
was Cameron's bases clearing triple in the 2nd. Daubach could have cut that ball off and held him to a single with a decent angle and with a modicum of hustle. A guy who barely plays can't get into a lope in the outfield - it's infected the whole team.

voodoochile
05-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
was Cameron's bases clearing double in the 2nd. Daubach could have cut that ball off and held him to a single with a decent angle and with a modicum of hustle. A guy who barely plays can't get into a lope in the outfield - it's infected the whole team.

I had the same thought. In fact, one step further - I think Magglio might have caught the ball all together. My first thought when it left the bat was, "that's an out." Then I saw Daubach trying to surround it. I had a bad feeling when Cameron came up in that situation anyway. Bases loaded, and he has been killing us. It was U-G-L-Y (that game ain't go no alibi...)

hose
05-04-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
was Cameron's bases clearing triple in the 2nd. Daubach could have cut that ball off and held him to a single with a decent angle and with a modicum of hustle. A guy who barely plays can't get into a lope in the outfield - it's infected the whole team.

That was the defining moment for the game and the make up of our club.....

A slow footed station to station , homer or nothing, soft ball beer league team.

I'm surprised that Reinsdorf doesn't refer to Walter Alston's "The Dodger Way" to get a clue.

ChiSoxBobette
05-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by hose
That was the defining moment for the game and the make up of our club.....

A slow footed station to station , homer or nothing, soft ball beer league team.

I'm surprised that Reinsdorf doesn't refer to Walter Alston's "The Dodger Way" to get a clue.

WE WON'T BE HEARING FROM THE CHAIRMAN UNTIL AFTER HIS MOST IMPORTANT THING THIS YEAR TAKING PLACE AT SOX PARK - THE ALL-STAR GAME. AFTER THAT WE'LL BE IN 3RD PLACE DOUBLE DIGITS OUT AND THEN WE'LL START TRADING PLAYERS AND START TELLING EVERYONE THAT WE'LL BE REBUILDING FOR ANOTHER 5 YEAR PLAN! THIS YEAR CAN BE SAVED FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT WE'RE IN SUCH A WEAK DIVISION RIGHT NOW. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS FIRE MANUEL & HIS COACHING STAFF AND BRING IN SOMEONE, HOPEFULLY FROM THE OUTSIDE; THAT WON'T BE AFRAID TO KICK SOME BUTT AND LIGHT A FIRE UNDER THIS TEAM!BUT I'M SURE IF ANYTHING WE'LL FINALLY GET RID OF MANUEL & MAKE BRUCE KIMM MANAGER THAT WAY MANULES BUDDY KIMM WILL BE ABLE TO HIRE MANUEL TO COACH 3RD BASE.
FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS THIS TEAM HAS DONE NOTHING UNDER MANUEL BUT UNDERACHIEVED NO OTHER OWNER WOULD HAVE STUCK WITH THIS GUY THIS LONG WHO REALLY CARED ABOUT WINNING A DIVISION,PENNANT OR A WORLD SERIES. THIS MANANGER & HIS STAFF MUST GO OR THIS SEASON WILL BE OVER AFTER THIS NEXT TRIP OUT WEST WHERE I'M SURE WE'LL COME BACK 0 & 6 IF HISTORY HOLDS TRUE TO FORM. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LISTEN TO MANUEL AFTER THESE LOSES DURING HIS PRESS CONFERENCES , JOKING & LAUGHING; HE 'S LOST THIS TEAM AND DOES'NT CARE. I WOULD'NT BE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT THAT MANUELS JUST AS CONFUSED AS TO WHY HE HAS'NT BEEN FIRED YET AS WE ARE.
:angry: :angry:
:?: -JERRY MANUEL
:D: -GARY WARD , JUST HAPPY TO BE COLLECTING A PAYCHECK
:angry: :(: - TRUE WHITE SOX FANS

FIRE MANUEL

GO WHITE SOX

hose
05-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
WE WON'T BE HEARING FROM THE CHAIRMAN UNTIL AFTER HIS MOST IMPORTANT THING THIS YEAR TAKING PLACE AT SOX PARK - THE ALL-STAR GAME. AFTER THAT WE'LL BE IN 3RD PLACE DOUBLE DIGITS OUT AND THEN WE'LL START TRADING PLAYERS AND START TELLING EVERYONE THAT WE'LL BE REBUILDING FOR ANOTHER 5 YEAR PLAN! THIS YEAR CAN BE SAVED FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT WE'RE IN SUCH A WEAK DIVISION RIGHT NOW. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS FIRE MANUEL & HIS COACHING STAFF AND BRING IN SOMEONE, HOPEFULLY FROM THE OUTSIDE; THAT WON'T BE AFRAID TO KICK SOME BUTT AND LIGHT A FIRE UNDER THIS TEAM!BUT I'M SURE IF ANYTHING WE'LL FINALLY GET RID OF MANUEL & MAKE BRUCE KIMM MANAGER THAT WAY MANULES BUDDY KIMM WILL BE ABLE TO HIRE MANUEL TO COACH 3RD BASE.
FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS THIS TEAM HAS DONE NOTHING UNDER MANUEL BUT UNDERACHIEVED NO OTHER OWNER WOULD HAVE STUCK WITH THIS GUY THIS LONG WHO REALLY CARED ABOUT WINNING A DIVISION,PENNANT OR A WORLD SERIES. THIS MANANGER & HIS STAFF MUST GO OR THIS SEASON WILL BE OVER AFTER THIS NEXT TRIP OUT WEST WHERE I'M SURE WE'LL COME BACK 0 & 6 IF HISTORY HOLDS TRUE TO FORM. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LISTEN TO MANUEL AFTER THESE LOSES DURING HIS PRESS CONFERENCES , JOKING & LAUGHING; HE 'S LOST THIS TEAM AND DOES'NT CARE. I WOULD'NT BE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT THAT MANUELS JUST AS CONFUSED AS TO WHY HE HAS'NT BEEN FIRED YET AS WE ARE.

FIRE MANUEL

GO WHITE SOX

I feel your pain !!

I don't think the Sox could play any worse than they are now. This team can really embarrass it's fans ....whoa!

Now just for kicks what do you think the Sox could get if they do unload?

Colon to Red Sox?
Maggs to SF?
Valentin to Houston?
Konerko to Atlanta?
Hurt to Los Angeles?
Koch to San Diego?
Garland to Arizona?

Jjav829
05-04-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob

FIRE MANUEL

GO WHITE SOX

http://www.ivygreen.ctc.edu/avery/activities/tech/images/capslockbig.jpg

Please, press it.