PDA

View Full Version : Its a simple fact...

capn12
05-03-2003, 09:00 PM
When you only average 4.4 runs per game, in the American League.....you ain't gonna be winning too many games. Blame it on Ward, blame it on Manuel, blame it on whoever you want. We are averaging 7.9 hits and 4.4 runs a game, against the likes of Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, etc. Some chage must come about before we play teams that are really good, else we might get 3-hit alot.

ShoelessFred
05-03-2003, 09:13 PM
it's time to clean house with the coaching staff. if the team remains the same. TRADE THEM ALL!!!!! if this team can't put it together this year they will NEVER put it together

CHISOXFAN13
05-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Santana, Kimm and Cooper are all relatively new on the scene. I'm not sure what firing the whole staff will do. Maybe it's time ALL of us realize that our players suck. They have no heart, and most of them have been severely overrated.

jeremyb1
05-03-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Santana, Kimm and Cooper are all relatively new on the scene. I'm not sure what firing the whole staff will do. Maybe it's time ALL of us realize that our players suck. They have no heart, and most of them have been severely overrated.

problem is that these are the same hitters as in '00 when we averaged over 6 runs per game and blew people away with our offense.

baggio202
05-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
problem is that these are the same hitters as in '00 when we averaged over 6 runs per game and blew people away with our offense.

'00 line up was better than this one

durham - singleton - perry - group of catchers - pre injury thomas
vrs.
jimenez - rowand - crede - this group of catchers - post injury thomas..

plus lee went from a 300 hitter with potential for more to pretty much a failure..

the only real constants from '00 have been maggs , paully and val

lowesox
05-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
'00 line up was better than this one

durham - singleton - perry - group of catchers - pre injury thomas
vrs.
jimenez - rowand - crede - this group of catchers - post injury thomas..

plus lee went from a 300 hitter with potential for more to pretty much a failure..

the only real constants from '00 have been maggs , paully and val

I'm not sure how convincing this comparison is. Personally, I prefer Jimenez because he's a better fielder and strikes out less. Rowand hasn't been great offensively, but Rios is a better hitter than Singleton is. And Perry had a pretty good year that year but Crede has the potential to be better - and might be better already. Thomas I agree with.

I think the real difference was confidence. And chemistry.

Daver
05-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

I think the real difference was confidence. And chemistry.

Talk to JM about confidence,he did a fine job of killing his closers confidence already.

Chemistry? That is a class I barely passed in HS.

Ask the 70's era Oakland A's about the importance of chemistry.

baggio202
05-04-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by daver
Talk to JM about confidence,he did a fine job of killing his closers confidence already.

i hope he did kill koch's confidence..maybe we can dump him and his outragous contract on boston since they seem desperate for a closer...then marte can close..you know, the guy who earned the job last year

TheBigHurt
05-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by capn12
When you only average 4.4 runs per game, in the American League.....you ain't gonna be winning too many games. Blame it on Ward, blame it on Manuel, blame it on whoever you want. We are averaging 7.9 hits and 4.4 runs a game, against the likes of Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, etc. Some chage must come about before we play teams that are really good, else we might get 3-hit alot.

THATS exactly what I was thinking :(: ........BUT this season is still not over....SOME major, current, surprising change has to happen soon or it will beWELL, THIS IS THEN END OUR ONLY FRIEND...THE END

BE GOOD

baggio202
05-04-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
THATS exactly what I was thinking :(: ........BUT this season is still not over....SOME major, current, surprising change has to happen soon or it will beWELL, THIS IS THEN END OUR ONLY FRIEND...THE END

BE GOOD

lack of speed is killin gus...notice in this series the two errors by seattle both came on grounders from harris...speed makes fielder move a little quicker than they should..speed on the base path distrats pitchers and leads to grooved fastballs and hanging cures...speed does a lot to make the other team incomfortable....teams seem comfortable playing the white sox

spanishwhite
05-04-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
i hope he did kill koch's confidence..maybe we can dump him and his outragous contract on boston since they seem desperate for a closer...then marte can close..you know, the guy who earned the job last year

I was always indifferent to the trade but I felt that Foulke got a raw deal. He was a lot better than people made him out to be.

However, Koch hasnt done much of anything for us.

Marte has done so much.

Have to agree with you.

BTW

What is the 202 for?

Iguana775
05-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by daver

he did it to himself by sucking ass.

baggio202
05-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
I was always indifferent to the trade but I felt that Foulke got a raw deal. He was a lot better than people made him out to be.

However, Koch hasnt done much of anything for us.

Marte has done so much.

Have to agree with you.

BTW

What is the 202 for?

no one has ever asked that..now i have to answer ..lol

my high school batting average :whiner:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Look, how can the season be possibly over? It's May 4 and we're trailing the mighty Kansas City Royals by a whopping 3.5 games. That's a playoff spot sitting directly in front of us people!

If we can ever get our freakin' act together, we'll be just fine. Of course given how this team has played the last 2+ seasons, I'm not sure we ever will. :angry: