PDA

View Full Version : If we get smoked Sunday night on ESPN...

Viva Magglio
05-03-2003, 08:32 PM
...will it be enough to shake things up?

ShoelessFred
05-03-2003, 09:16 PM
i think the wheels have already been set in motion

TheBigHurt
05-04-2003, 01:08 AM
I am embarrased and shamed that our team is on tommorrow with the way their playing...THIS season is still not over, and ill let you write that down WELL, THIS IS THEN END OUR ONLY FRIEND...THE END

BE GOOD

white sox bill
05-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Hey, if getting embarrsed on National TV means JM gets the ax immeadiatly after the game, then lets get caught w/our pants down and in a compromising position!

thezeker
05-04-2003, 02:33 PM
I agree! If it takes getting embarassed tonite for changes to occur please embarass us as you have all this season.
It may not be all Manuel's fault but you cannot fire the whole team. They need a leader at this point not a guru!

The warm weather is coming up and if we are 10 or 15 games under .500 the attendance will be horrible.

We need some fire ou there!

I don't like Valentine but I think he is the best option at this point. .

Let's not throw another season away in May.

the zeker

Daver
05-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by thezeker
I agree! If it takes getting embarassed tonite for changes to occur please embarass us as you have all this season.
It may not be all Manuel's fault but you cannot fire the whole team. They need a leader at this point not a guru!

The warm weather is coming up and if we are 10 or 15 games under .500 the attendance will be horrible.

We need some fire ou there!

I don't like Valentine but I think he is the best option at this point. .

Let's not throw another season away in May.

the zeker

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

MHOUSE
05-04-2003, 02:40 PM
If we get smoked tonight then I say that JM, Ward, are all gone. Make Kimm interim manager until we can get a real manager in a few days. Send down Garland or Stewie, bring back Wright. Monday is a perfect day for some changes.

Viva Magglio
05-04-2003, 07:53 PM
A lot of people think that if Jerry Manuel gets fired (We pray to the Lord...LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER), I do not think it would be a good idea naming Bobby Valentine the new manager. First of all, Jerry Reinsdorf always wants managers on the cheap (hence why we have JM), and Valentine would command a seven-figure salary easily.

Second, Valentine would bring too much angst to the clubhouse. There is no doubt that we need a manager who will have the red ass when necessarly (unlike Manuel), but Valentine's volitality would backfire. You know the first difference of opinion between Valentine and Frank will go global thermonuclear.

I have seen Wally Backman and Jim Leyland's names thrown out there. I would prefer Manuel's successor to have previous major league managerial experience, and Backman does not have that. I would not expect Leyland either because he would not want to gain a managerial job Jerry Manuel's expense. Manuel served under Leyland with the Marlins.

Has anyone thought about Kevin Kennedy? He had success in Boston and Texas. I am sure he would be an upgrade from Manuel who would not command Valentine money.