PDA

View Full Version : Garland or Stewart

balboner
05-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Personally, as much as Garland has upset me this year, I'd much rather that Stewart gets sent down. Garland at least has shown the ability to get good major league players out. Stewart, on the other hand, looks like a pitching machine against good hitters. If they want another lefty starting, Porzio has fared well this year, or how about Neal Cotts?

jeremyb1
05-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Personally, as much as Garland has upset me this year, I'd much rather that Stewart gets sent down. Garland at least has shown the ability to get good major league players out. Stewart, on the other hand, looks like a pitching machine against good hitters. If they want another lefty starting, Porzio has fared well this year, or how about Neal Cotts?

gotta go with garland. he has the better ability and more of a track record. i've seen stewart twice now and he just doesn't inspire that much confidence even when he is getting guys out.

lowesox
05-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
gotta go with garland. he has the better ability and more of a track record. i've seen stewart twice now and he just doesn't inspire that much confidence even when he is getting guys out.

If neither of them are performing, then neither should be with the major league team.

duke of dorwood
05-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Stewart, has more options.

bc2k
05-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Garland or Stewart? Rauch. Garland and Stewart both need to to get better outside of the starting rotation. Garland goes to the pen, Stewart to AAA. I think the time Stewart has had at the major league level will help him the next time he comes up. Hopefully when he returns, he'll look more like Buehrle and less like Parque.

I haven't been following Rauch at Charlotte, but as long as he isn't getting lit up, why not give him a shot? When Dan Wright returns, I would hate to see pompous punk Jon Garland keep his job for being the tallest midget, barely outpitching rookie Josh Stewart.

ShoelessFred
05-03-2003, 08:11 PM
javier vasquez anyone??

PaleHoseGeorge
05-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Garland is the one with the attitude problem. His ass needs to spend 4+ weeks riding the bus in AAA. If he doesn't come back an improved pitcher, he'll still bring us something worthwhile in trade.

Somebody needs to wipe the smirk off the face of this candy-ass:

:jon
"I've got a Porsche 911 with a quadraphonic Blaupunkt!"

TheBigHurt
05-04-2003, 12:21 AM
I'D much rather Garland.....AND so do the Sox....ALSO as ive been saying the Sox have too much confidence to Send Garland (Gar-Boy) to the pen or to Charlotte (1 option left???)..OR am i thinking of me..BUT then ya never know with the White Sox

BE GOOD sons

TheBigHurt
05-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
javier vasquez anyone??

:) ........THOUGH id rather a healthey Tony Armas

BE GOOD