PDA

View Full Version : Why has no Sox pitcher put a fastball up Cameron's ****ing nose?

Kilroy
05-03-2003, 07:50 PM
He just stands there and takes his swings w/ no worries. He comes to Chicago and wears us the **** out. I cannot believe that no Sox pitcher has not knocked that mother ****er on his ass. Why are they all such ******* about it?? Its the oldest unwritten rule in the game. When someone wears you out, you make sure he has a little something else to think about when he's in the box. If he doesn't see a little chin music the next time he steps in, I am turning off this sorry bunch of ******* wearing the Sox uniforms for the rest of the weekend...

Iguana775
05-03-2003, 07:53 PM
send Koch out there to do it......but knowing his control, he would be aiming for him but Koch would put it right over the plate and Cameron would hit it out.

lowesox
05-03-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
send Koch out there to do it......but knowing his control, he would be aiming for him but Koch would put it right over the plate and Cameron would hit it out.

Actually, trailing 6 runs, with the way Billy's been pitching, bringing him now would been incredible idea. Stewart looks terrible he should have been out of this game after the second cameron hit. Come on Jerry - play to win!

ihatethecubs
05-04-2003, 05:08 AM
not only is cameron wearing us out, hes a real cocky smack talker who is still bitter about being traded. he needs to get drilled.

steff
05-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
not only is cameron wearing us out, hes a real cocky smack talker who is still bitter about being traded. he needs to get drilled.

As he should be! The Sox sent him to winter ball less than 2 weeks before his second child was to be born. His wife was having complications and on complete bed rest. The faught him every step of the way when he asked to be home for 2 weeks until she had the baby. Then... while watching ESPN he learnd about his trade on the ticker. How in the hell would YOU feel..?!?! I'm happy for him. I hope he his 10 HR's tomorrow - I also hope we hit 11. And I'd like to see your links to this "smack talk" you speak of... Mike always smiles and says "no comment" when asked about the circumstances surrounding his leaving here. If that's cocky, then so be it.

hose
05-04-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs

As much as I hate seeing Cameron turn into Babe Ruth when he plays in Comiskey he is a class act and is the opposite of what you depict him as.

How about pitching AROUND this guy while he is on fire?????????

duke of dorwood
05-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Well, the first 2 times up last night, men on base ahead of him. The good time would have been the 3rd time up, after 6 RBI. Stewart was gonna be taken out anyway. Thats when it should have happened.

faneidde
05-04-2003, 12:01 PM
I don't think you should hit a guy just because he is hitting the ball well against the Sox. If he did that Sham-me hop out of the box, then nail him next time he comes up, but Mike doesn't do that or bad mouth the Sox in the media.

MHOUSE
05-04-2003, 01:00 PM
I understand that plunking in retaliation or because he's being a hot dog like shamee then it's ok. But to hit him for playing well and being a class act is stupid and immature.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-04-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I understand that plunking in retaliation or because he's being a hot dog like shamee then it's ok. But to hit him for playing well and being a class act is stupid and immature.

Normally I'm against brushing back hitters who are having success at my team's expense. The effect can boomerang by firing up the ballplayer and his team, who then turn around and beat the daylights out of you. I'm thinking of "Fightin' Phil" Garner's Tigers getting taken to the cleaners after challenging the Sox three years ago.

However, the circumstances with the Sox right now are quite different. The team is playing lethargically. Several ballplayers appear to be going through the motions, and they all look beat by the third inning.

Given all that, I don't really see what the downside would be to stand up for the pride of your team. If aiming one under Cameron's chin sends that message, so be it.

The Gandhi routine has been worn to death. Isn't this obvious to everyone by now? The A's and Mariners hitters sure don't seem to mind too much. :angry:

steff
05-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Given all that, I don't really see what the downside would be to stand up for the pride of your team. If aiming one under Cameron's chin sends that message, so be it.

Hit Cam because our players are playing like ****??! That makes no sense. Maybe our players need to line up and take one in the chin from Mark and Colon??

Kilroy
05-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Hit Cam because our players are playing like ****??! That makes no sense. Maybe our players need to line up and take one in the chin from Mark and Colon??

Sorry, I should have been more clear, altho a few seemed to get the idea. I don't mean that Cameron should get plunked. But Sox pitching should, at the very least, toss a few pitches near his adams apple. The guy comes back here and kicks our tails all by himself. Sox pitching needs to get him off his game. The only real way to do that is to get in his head by knocking him down in the batter's box a couple of times. Regardless of how the Sox are playing, there's no excuse for letting the same guy beat you time after time. Chuck one at his earhole, then go after the inside corner.

voodoochile
05-04-2003, 06:00 PM

Please do not intentionally misspell words to get them past the language filters.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Hit Cam because our players are playing like $hit??! That makes no sense. Maybe our players need to line up and take one in the chin from Mark and Colon??

No, silly. I would never advocate throwing AT anybody. However pitching high and tight is definitely part of the game, especially for hitters who are beating the living crap out of your team--far beyond what their talent vs. the rest of the league would indicate.

Mike Cameron is just a little too confident standing in the batter's box vs. our Sox. That needs to change. If he is any kind of a man, he'll understand the circumstances and do nothing more than duck out of the way, dust himself off, and get on with the game of hardball for which he is paid handsomely to excel in.

This is baseball, not bean bag.

Ol Aches & Pains
05-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
He just stands there and takes his swings w/ no worries. He comes to Chicago and wears us the **** out. I cannot believe that no Sox pitcher has not knocked that mother ****er on his ass. Why are they all such ******* about it?? Its the oldest unwritten rule in the game. When someone wears you out, you make sure he has a little something else to think about when he's in the box. If he doesn't see a little chin music the next time he steps in, I am turning off this sorry bunch of ******* wearing the Sox uniforms for the rest of the weekend...

Where's Early Wynn when you need him?

PaleHoseGeorge
05-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains
Where's Early Wynn when you need him?

If a pitcher is honestly trying to hit a batter, he aims the pitch BEHIND his head. The batter's natural reaction is to move away from the plate, thus directly into the pitch. Not a single person posting on this thread has advocated anything of the sort.

For the record, I've seen numerous pitched balls go BEHIND the batter's head. Those are the ones that nearly always cause the benches to clear, and likely result in retaliation pitches, too. Pitches behind the head lie outside the limits of acceptable behavior between baseball players and teams. Pitches high and tight are regarded as part of the game. Early Wynn is a prime example of that sort of pitcher. Bob Gibson and Don Drysdale are two others.

The Sox under Jerry Manuel are no threat to opposing hitters. Worst of all, the opposing hitters know it. Six seasons into "The Gandhi Era", this is what it has come to. This **** needs to stop.

1951Campbell
05-04-2003, 06:38 PM
The real reason Cameron won't get his tower buzzed is obvious...the current MLB disipline regime would hand out 123-game suspensions to all players involved, their families, their insurance agents, you name it.

The body armor and the Robinson mentality have to go.

steff
05-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Please do not intentionally misspell words to get them past the language filters.

Actually I didn't intentionally mispell it. I thought I spelled out **** and accidentally spelled $hit (or whatever I spelled) instead. Ya see, I post on so many boards it's hard to keep track of what is and isn't allowed where. I'm sure you know what I mean. Why not a friendly little email instead of intentionally calling me out in front of the board?

steff
05-05-2003, 01:14 PM
No, silly. I would never advocate throwing AT anybody. However pitching high and tight is definitely part of the game, especially for hitters who are beating the living crap out of your team--far beyond what their talent vs. the rest of the league would indicate.

Mike Cameron is just a little too confident standing in the batter's box vs. our Sox. That needs to change. If he is any kind of a man, he'll understand the circumstances and do nothing more than duck out of the way, dust himself off, and get on with the game of hardball for which he is paid handsomely to excel in.

This is baseball, not bean bag.

LOL PHG. I was a bit out of it when I was responding to this thread. Overmedicated for sure. I was definitely reading more into it than there was. Silly...? Naa, stupid yes :D:

voodoochile
05-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Actually I didn't intentionally mispell it. I thought I spelled out **** and accidentally spelled $hit instead. Why not a friendly little email instead of intentionally calling me out in front of the board?

A good idea, I apologize. In the future I will handle it like that. It occured with another poster the other day and was handled in the same fashion. Maybe it is time to change the policy.

Ol Aches & Pains
05-05-2003, 08:23 PM
If a pitcher is honestly trying to hit a batter, he aims the pitch BEHIND his head. The batter's natural reaction is to move away from the plate, thus directly into the pitch. Not a single person posting on this thread has advocated anything of the sort.

For the record, I've seen numerous pitched balls go BEHIND the batter's head. Those are the ones that nearly always cause the benches to clear, and likely result in retaliation pitches, too. Pitches behind the head lie outside the limits of acceptable behavior between baseball players and teams. Pitches high and tight are regarded as part of the game. Early Wynn is a prime example of that sort of pitcher. Bob Gibson and Don Drysdale are two others.

The Sox under Jerry Manuel are no threat to opposing hitters. Worst of all, the opposing hitters know it. Six seasons into "The Gandhi Era", this is what it has come to. This **** needs to stop.

I dream of Early Wynn, and yes, especially Bob Gibson, every time I see Jim Thome level his bat and point it directly at the pitcher. GIbson would have cured him of that habit in one AB.