PDA

View Full Version : O.B. TIME

Viva Magglio
08-18-2001, 07:21 PM
I was eating my dinner during that 8th inning. There are few things worse than enjoying a nice dinner and suddenly having your disposition change. I would love to bust Manuel's balls for brining in Bob Howry, but I probably would have done the same thing in this situation. I certainly would not have left Kip Wells in there, and I sure as hell would not have brought in Allan Embree.

I am just so damn sick of this losing. Now that Cleveland won earlier today, we are presently 8 games behind them! I get so mad at how piss poor we have been that I just want a bloodbath house cleaning in the front office. I know that will not happen, and it probably should not happen. But it's getting harder and harder for me to tolerate this mediocrity.

Daver
08-18-2001, 07:27 PM
I know what you mean,I have a Caribou backstrap going on the grill and now I don't feel like eating it.

Looks like Chopper makes out like a bandit tonite.

Spiff
08-18-2001, 07:52 PM
It's just so disheartening. It just seems like they can't jump that last hurdle after all the ones they've struggled over. With every bad thing that's happened this year, it's a credit to the team that they've made it this far. In any other division they would have been buried; but with the top two struggling it looks like the pennant is there for the taking, and that is probably the most frustrating part. It could still happen but it will take a helluva lot and I'm not so sure this team has enough left in the tank.

HootieMcBoob
08-18-2001, 09:43 PM
But it's getting harder and harder for me to tolerate this mediocrity.

At least we're not cub fans who year after year settle for mediocrity. We are pissed at losing and that's a good thing!

Bucktown
08-18-2001, 09:47 PM
At least we're not cub fans who year after year settle for mediocrity. We are pissed at losing and that's a good thing!

I don't know, it would probably be better for my health to enjoy the mediocrity. I would like to see a study on the longevity of Cubs fans v. Sox fans.