PDA

View Full Version : Don't Waste It

Konerkoholic
05-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Minnesota lost today and it looks like KC will do the same. If the Sox have any sense of urgency they'll work their asses off to win tonight. That means I want to see some action on the basepaths, and some clutch hits for God's sake.

This is a very big game, and I fear we will lose it.

Fisk72
05-03-2003, 04:18 PM
I think we can all agree that despite how crappy we've been playing so far, to be back only 4 games definitely gives us a chance to try and turn things around. Personally, I think KC's bubble has burst. Soon, hopefully, so will the Flubs'. I really think JR needs to sit down with our "stars" and knock some sense in them. To see the blame be put on the coaches instead of the players isn't fair. Our guys need to step up and accept some responsibility. Now come on and beat the crap out of that a$$hole Boone and the rest of those coffeetown ballplayers.

lowesox
05-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
I think we can all agree that despite how crappy we've been playing so far, to be back only 4 games definitely gives us a chance to try and turn things around. Personally, I think KC's bubble has burst. Soon, hopefully, so will the Flubs'. I really think JR needs to sit down with our "stars" and knock some sense in them. To see the blame be put on the coaches instead of the players isn't fair. Our guys need to step up and accept some responsibility. Now come on and beat the crap out of that a$$hole Boone and the rest of those coffeetown ballplayers.

Question: and maybe this is something I should know, but is there a player on the WhiteSox who wears a "C" on his jersey?

I didn't even think baseball players did this until I saw a "C" on Mike Sweeney in todays Orioles game.

Brian26
05-03-2003, 04:54 PM
I don't see any c's, but if you look closely, Mag's jersey has a "dp" on it.

Just kidding Mags.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Question: and maybe this is something I should know, but is there a player on the WhiteSox who wears a "C" on his jersey?

I didn't even think baseball players did this until I saw a "C" on Mike Sweeney in todays Orioles game.

The "C" stands for captain, and Thank God the Sox have elected not to follow this new trend for loser organizations. To my knowledge the first team to add the "C" were those Lovable Losers themselves, the Flubbies. Try even harder to make your team look like a bunch of Cub Scouts. Jeez...

:shammy
"I'll give you one guess what team player on the Cubs has a "C" on his uniform!"

Jjav829
05-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
The "C" stands for captain, and Thank God the Sox have elected not to follow this new trend for loser organizations. To my knowledge the first team to add the "C" were those Lovable Losers themselves, the Flubbies. Try even harder to make your team look like a bunch of Cub Scouts. Jeez...

"I'll give you one guess what team player on the Cubs has a "C" on his uniform!"

All of them? :smile:

Hopefully I don't some big brawl thread with this, but IF the Sox were to do this, I think it would have to be Valentin. Would anyone disagree?

kermittheefrog
05-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
Minnesota lost today and it looks like KC will do the same. If the Sox have any sense of urgency they'll work their asses off to win tonight. That means I want to see some action on the basepaths, and some clutch hits for God's sake.

This is a very big game, and I fear we will lose it.

Did you really just say urgency? It's May 2nd. There is a lot of time left to right the ship, 133 games left to be precise.

WinningUgly!
05-03-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
All of them? :smile:

Hopefully I don't some big brawl thread with this, but IF the Sox were to do this, I think it would have to be Valentin. Would anyone disagree?
I'd agree with the Valentin pick even though team captains are cheezy. The Sox could really use a player or two to step up and shoulder some of the motivational duties, since Jerry Manuel wants no part of it, as he hibernates right through another season.

lowesox
05-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I think its a great idea. But I think there should be two. One for a pitcher - Buerle. And one for a hitter Valentin. This way we're putting more pressure on players to raise the intensity and less on management. And we're issuing true authority -- this is important. It lets a guy like Jose give a stern talking to to any player on the team, even players who are more talented ie Maggs, Frank...

Konerkoholic
05-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Did you really just say urgency? It's May 2nd. There is a lot of time left to right the ship, 133 games left to be precise.

True, but I believe there are big games even in May. I'm just sick of seeing this team play with no intensity, and it turns out tonight was more of the damn same.

baggio202
05-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

you meant to put that in teal , right???

after the last two seasons you have to be in some serious denial to actually believe that

TheBigHurt
05-04-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
I don't see any c's, but if you look closely, Mag's jersey has a "dp" on it.

YA, so does PK's :angry:

BE GOOD