PDA

View Full Version : foulke blows one

jeremyb1
05-03-2003, 03:01 PM
keith just gave up a two run homer to giambi in the 9th to tie the a's yankees game. i'd still take him over koch...

Konerkoholic
05-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Pick your poison with these two guys. Their blown saves always seem to come in very important games.

Paulwny
05-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Wow, this thread is less then 10 min old and has been viewed 259 times, must have a lot of lurkers on board :?:

DrCrawdad
05-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Wow, this thread is less then 10 min old and has been viewed 259 times, must have a lot of lurkers on board :?:

From my experience many of the lurkers here are Cub fans.

harwar
05-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Keith has 7 saves so i guess hes' been doing pretty good so far.He made a location mistake to Giambi but came back out after oakland regain the lead and Foulke got the win.His numbers are great and i'd give anything to have him THIS YEAR instead of bombs away Billy.

Daver
05-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
From my experience many of the lurkers here are Cub fans.

Today you can blame it on googlebots. :redneck

oldcomiskey
05-03-2003, 04:12 PM
how many of you were complaining last year that we needed a traditional closer---well weve got one now

DrCrawdad
05-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Foulke blows the save opportunity but then Oakland comes back to win. Foulke gets the win.

Statistically, does that still count as a blown save?

Jjav829
05-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Foulke blows the save opportunity but then Oakland comes back to win. Foulke gets the win.

Statistically, does that still count as a blown save?

Yes, anytime a relief pitcher blows a lead, it's a blown save even if he ends up being credited with a win.

kermittheefrog
05-03-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
Pick your poison with these two guys. Their blown saves always seem to come in very important games.

Maybe it's because most blown saves seem like big games because it's tough to lose a game late? Or possibly blown saves tend to happen against good teams who can hit and are more likely to score runs in the ninth.

And to answer DrCrawdad's question: it's still a blown save if your team comes back to win. Foulke gets both the win and the blown save in the game.