PDA

View Full Version : I thing Mags just hit into another DP

gosox41
05-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know how many DP's Mags has hit into this season? It seems like every time he comes up to bad with less then 2 outs and men on base, he hits into a DP. I know it's not every time, but I thought Mags kicked this nasty habit last season.

Bob

sox_fan_forever
05-03-2003, 11:41 AM
He hits into waaaaay too many double plays.

Jjav829
05-03-2003, 01:19 PM
7 each for Maggs and Konerko. 5 for Carlos, 3 for Frank. Pretty damn pathetic.

voodoochile
05-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

It's more symptomatic of how teams are pitching the Sox, IMO. The soft tossers are still shutting down the lineup because the Sox are a bunch of fastball hitters. Throw some junk, put some sink on an off-speed pitch and the Sox can't handle it. It's been that way for years. Personally, I'd like to see them start throwing nothing but changeups at BP until guys learn to lay off the pitches that are out of the zone, or sit back and crush the slow stuff.

gosox41
05-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It's more symptomatic of how teams are pitching the Sox, IMO. The soft tossers are still shutting down the lineup because the Sox are a bunch of fastball hitters. Throw some junk, put some sink on an off-speed pitch and the Sox can't handle it. It's been that way for years. Personally, I'd like to see them start throwing nothing but changeups at BP until guys learn to lay off the pitches that are out of the zone, or sit back and crush the slow stuff.

The Sox need to break up their 4 right handed hitters in the order. Frank loves the slow stuff and is probably untradeable. Mags is the best hitter on the team. I think Lee has good upside potential.

That leaves one guy: Konerko. Trade him. Plau Daubach everyday. The Sox should never have extended Konerko's contract for as much as they did for an average hitting 1B. Maybe the Sox can find someone to dump him onto if any team is dumb enough to eat the contract.

Bob

faneidde
05-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Plau Daubach everyday.
He's not even batting .100 and you want to play him everyday?

TheBigHurt
05-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

ONE of our many promblems :angry:

BE GOOD