PDA

View Full Version : Man, do we ever suck...

GASHWOUND
05-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Do we ever suck right now, this is just pathetic......We wait all winter for baseball season to come, we get all gitty when catchers report to spring training thinking finally we may have a world series worthy team and we get the same crap we've gotten for the past few seasons...play sucky till we're just about out of the playoff race, and then make our big run late when it doesn't matter anymore..then we get excited we've played well late and maybe that will give us momentum into next year..Just one big cycle of crap.

Its just plain sucks, I'm so disinterested with this team its just pitiful..Now I know what it feels like to be a Detroit Tiger fan..you do or watch something else of TV, while periodically switching to the game to see what's cookin(and when the Sox are at bat, nothing is) or you avoid the game entirely and check for the score while it scrolls at the bottom of the screen on ESPN or whatever.

And just a few years ago(in 2000..specifically), I would never switch the game off, and even recorded the games..they were so fun to watch, I had to see it over and over again until the next game.

But now, you get so freakin depressed watching the club, we all need a psychiatrist on hand to give us an hour on the couch after the game. Look how bad it is at our home ball park, what is gonna happen when we got to OAK and SEA next! :o:
We may need our psychiatrist on hand 24/7 after that road trip :o:

We as Sox fans want this team to succeed so bad, it hurts the soul..being an underdog already in this town and around the country being viewed negatively, we have no choice but to win..
But how the hell can you love a team that 80% of the time "looks" like it doesn't give a ****??
It's not like we have any "bad" guys on this team...can it be the atmosphere? Do they look up at the stands and see that nobody at the game, so that get up for the game at hand??
This a double edge sword of sorts, obviously we aren't gonna go to the games while the team is playing this way(CAN'T BLAME YOU ONE BIT) But do you think if we had 30 thousand at the game the Sox would play better? Not in terms of Wins Or Loses, but if effort..I know as a Sox fan if this club gives a damn out there and gives it their all but still loses, we usually won't complain(well, at least I won't) I think they would play better..But this isn't one of those arguments on why Sox fans don't go to the games(don't take it that way)
Its just an observation.

We can also look at some of the positives....I think when everything is said and done, our bullpen will be the strongest part of this team and good pens mean good baseball team...Also, this team can't be this bad offensively the whole year, I think eventually we'll get hot...eventually
And we do have two aces at the top of the rotation..when the pen and offense get clicking, they'll get into a groove and have some dominate starts.
And we're still in 2nd place, I think 4.5 games back of the Royals at this particular time..No huge holes to dig out of yet.

I just hope the way the Sox are playing isn't the team we are, but a team working out their difficulties..at the end of the day they still have to look themselves in the mirror and have some PRIDE Pride may be their only friend when its all said and done.

But MAN, do we ever SUCK right now :whiner: :angry: :(:

South Sider
05-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
And just a few years ago(in 2000..specifically), I would never switch the game off, and even recorded the games..they were so fun to watch, I had to see it over and over again until the next game.

:whiner: :angry: :(:

Great Post !!!!
I totally agree. Hopefully your predictions for the rest of the season will come true.

But I have some doubts, because by the All Star break we won't have the same team anymore. That is my prediction !!!!

I'm also desperatly looking for some games from the magic 2000 season. Maybe you can help me out.
I would be so thankful if you would contact me.

Here is my e-mail adress

WhiteSox1@t-online.de

wassagstdu
05-03-2003, 10:40 AM
I think what we are seeing is the whimper at the end of the Frank-Thomas-as-Michael-Jordan era in which the team building strategy was borrowed from the Bulls. For 10 years the focus has been on Frank and building a lineup to ďprotectĒ him Ė epitomized by the Albert Belle fiasco. Spend the money (and talent) on someone to hit behind Frank, and keep the cheap young pitching arms coming. Result: we see a team that canít pitch, run, throw, catch the ball, or play the mental game. Or hit against decent pitching. In short a very boring, very mediocre team that canít win. Not Frankís fault, donít get me wrong. Frank-is-the-best-hitter-in-Sox-history. Right, but he is no player. The problem is that baseball ainít basketball Ė and Frank ainít Michael, who was a complete player. Watching good teams like Minnesota, Oakland, Seattle any fool can see what we are missing. Too many years of Cameron for Konerko moves. Could we get Thome for Crede and Olivo??

lowesox
05-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Do we ever suck right now, this is just pathetic......We wait all winter for baseball season to come, we get all gitty when catchers report to spring training thinking finally we may have a world series worthy team and we get the same crap we've gotten for the past few seasons...play sucky till we're just about out of the playoff race, and then make our big run late when it doesn't matter anymore..then we get excited we've played well late and maybe that will give us momentum into next year..Just one big cycle of crap.

Its just plain sucks, I'm so disinterested with this team its just pitiful..Now I know what it feels like to be a Detroit Tiger fan..you do or watch something else of TV, while periodically switching to the game to see what's cookin(and when the Sox are at bat, nothing is) or you avoid the game entirely and check for the score while it scrolls at the bottom of the screen on ESPN or whatever.

But now, you get so freakin depressed watching the club, we all need a psychiatrist on hand to give us an hour on the couch after the game. Look how bad it is at our home ball park, what is gonna happen when we got to OAK and SEA next! :o:
We may need our psychiatrist on hand 24/7 after that road trip :o:

We as Sox fans want this team to succeed so bad, it hurts the soul..being an underdog already in this town and around the country being viewed negatively, we have no choice but to win..
But how the hell can you love a team that 80% of the time "looks" like it doesn't give a ****??
It's not like we have any "bad" guys on this team...can it be the atmosphere? Do they look up at the stands and see that nobody at the game, so that get up for the game at hand??
This a double edge sword of sorts, obviously we aren't gonna go to the games while the team is playing this way(CAN'T BLAME YOU ONE BIT) But do you think if we had 30 thousand at the game the Sox would play better? Not in terms of Wins Or Loses, but if effort..I know as a Sox fan if this club gives a damn out there and gives it their all but still loses, we usually won't complain(well, at least I won't) I think they would play better..But this isn't one of those arguments on why Sox fans don't go to the games(don't take it that way)
Its just an observation.

We can also look at some of the positives....I think when everything is said and done, our bullpen will be the strongest part of this team and good pens mean good baseball team...Also, this team can't be this bad offensively the whole year, I think eventually we'll get hot...eventually
And we do have two aces at the top of the rotation..when the pen and offense get clicking, they'll get into a groove and have some dominate starts.
And we're still in 2nd place, I think 4.5 games back of the Royals at this particular time..No huge holes to dig out of yet.

I just hope the way the Sox are playing isn't the team we are, but a team working out their difficulties..at the end of the day they still have to look themselves in the mirror and have some PRIDE Pride may be their only friend when its all said and done.

But MAN, do we ever SUCK right now :whiner: :angry: :(:

Great post. Everybody feels it. But they'll get going.

Lip Man 1
05-03-2003, 12:00 PM
I guess the big question is WHEN? Getting going in August means another blown season.

Lip

spanishwhite
05-03-2003, 12:34 PM
not really.

Twins and Royals look just as pathetic as we do.

Always thought that the Twins were an overrated and
overachieving team. They are showing it now.

The Royals are coming down as well.

I wouldn't be suprised if the winner of the division finishes
with a 81-81 record.