PDA

View Full Version : worst played game of the year - future ramifications?

baggio202
05-02-2003, 10:33 PM
we followed up a very exciting game against oakland , a game some people were saying was going to be a game we looked back on as the turning point in the season with what has to be the worst played game of the season

4 hits and 4 DP's???....and seattle should have had a 5th...is that some kind of a record???...the middle of the line up just continues to kill this team game after game...everytime they come up with a runner on first you cant write dp in pen on your scorecord and not have to worry about changiong it...

defense..does everyone see now why willie harris is not a CF???...even routine flies scrare the bejesus out of me...throwing to the wrong base??...taking wrong routes..carlos lee...i thought he got shot or something when he fell down on that fly ball...he dropped like a rock...and DJ..what the hell kind of a tag was that ???...lee finally makes a excellent throw on line to nail our nemesis mike camoron trying to stretch a single and the dip stick doesnt swipe tag and cameron slides right by his glove..talk about lazy...

i really dont know what to think anymore..this is the third season now where we just seem to go through the motions...no one seems to care ..no energy..game after game where we go 9 , 10 , 11 at bats sometime 15 , 16 , 17 w/o a base runner...more than two years now!!!...im so tired of hawk and DJ saying stuff like..well a hot pitcher will make you look uninspired..ect..

if we have to white flag this season it will be the white flag to end all white flag trades...colon wont be back...14 million option on maggs, say goodbye..8 million on paulie., if some one is dumb enough to pick up his contract say good bye..carlos makes 4.2 million and will be headed for arbitration , bye bye...buehrle headed to arb , say hello to st louis mark...val wont be back to help rebuild at his age...gordon and white are on one year contracts...

my personal feeling..if this team cant win this crap ass division with the talent we have then im all for running all these guys out of town and starting the next 5 year plan...id rather watch a young team like the drays lose but play hard then to watch a team expected to contend for the division and then for 3rd straight year play themselves out of contention by the all star break...

this team better wake up soon..im very disappointed in tonight's effort...