PDA

View Full Version : 2 birds w/1 stone?

balboner
05-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Since Kenny will not fire Manuel, are we gonna have to hope that K. Williams gets fired also? I know this would be too good to be true, but I think the only way Manuel gets canned is if his buddy does also.

Daver
05-02-2003, 10:05 PM
The line of thought on this one is beyond me,the only reason KW won't fire JM is because JR won't let him,Kenny did not hire JM,and has never been real committal on keeping him when his contract is up,so what point are you trying to make?

LuvSox
05-03-2003, 09:35 AM
Like him or not, KW isn't going anywhere. The Sox have a very talented team on the field this year. Their lackluster play isn't his fault; unless he refuses to can JM---which leads me to this tidbit of information. Responding to the rumors that JM was getting fired before yesterdays game, KW Said:

"I speak with Jerry all the time," Williams said. "I felt absolutely no need whatsoever to talk with (Manuel) once I first heard about that,after I got done laughing, that is."

I'm scared :(:

TheBigHurt
05-03-2003, 09:36 AM
UNFORTUNATELY thats probably a good analogy

BE GOOD

bc2k
05-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Since Kenny will not fire Manuel, are we gonna have to hope that K. Williams gets fired also? I know this would be too good to be true, but I think the only way Manuel gets canned is if his buddy does also.

Am I the only KW fan on these boards? I can understand why Manuel is the consensus favorite to be fired, but KW has made some intelligent moves and has the type of attitude and mouth that I like (calling a press conference to defend his word, and mouthing off to Mienkiewicz).

faneidde
05-03-2003, 04:13 PM
KW has made some intelligent moves
Not really. The Yanks gave us Colon because they didn't want Boston to have him, and he's traded for Todd Ritchie and Billy Koch. You may like him, but his acquisitions have been awful.