PDA

View Full Version : no time like the present

oldcomiskey
05-02-2003, 09:45 PM
folks, nobody has been more of a fan of Jerry Manuel than I have been---but looking at this club now------we are dead in the water-----if this continues we will be damned lucky to finish 81-81...this team reaks of quitters----Im not talking about Loaizas bad outing tonight----Im mean the entire offense----

so there it is--Im a convert in Manuel must go theories-----

diehardjoe
05-02-2003, 09:52 PM
So what if Loaiza had an off night. This happens even to the best pitchers. The real problem is with the offense and the manager.

We need a manager that gets excited and has close door meeting telling this team IT SUCKS! Find me a manager that has some fire.

Fire this bum Manuel and get us a manager that is not afraid of his players.

Hey White Sox players see if one of you millionaires can get a freaking hit (OK they just got two in a row). But get Manuel the hell out of Chicago.
:angry:

FanOf14
05-02-2003, 09:55 PM
I agree: something has to shake them up and light a fire underneath their collective behinds. Whether it's firing Manuel or Ward or a trade of some kind (a tactic the As used last year, I believe in early May), something has to happen to shake the team to wake them up.

capn12
05-02-2003, 10:12 PM
http://images2.fotki.com/v23/photos/4/41833/106603/lastweek2-vi.gif

Nothing personal, just having fun with message board funnies...most of which i cant post here due to language....I agree, though...bring up Wally!!

Viva Magglio
05-02-2003, 11:23 PM
Tonight, we had to endure yet again a heartless loss. Esteban Loaiza simply did not have it tonight, which is going to happen to any pitcher. However, we did not do ourselves any favors with our offensive and field play. I've had it with this.

:firejerry

Yeah, for the umpteenth time, I am calling for Jerry Manuel's head. Hey, it's time for a change. In reality, this crap has been going on since mid-2000. I'm tired of this, goddammit. This game of baseball that we play is like a war, and we don't need Gandhi (or George McClellan as another thread put it) leading us into battle. We need George S. Patton.

The team looks like they just don't give a flying @#$% about winning. They are going through the motions and certain individual players think "Well, we suck but I feel like a World Series winner with my seven-figure salary." I don't think the people who play for the Yankees feel that way, and their owner (better than ours) pays them more money. Jerry Manuel is to blame. Yes, he is.

I know funeral directors who have better motivational skills than Jerry Manuel. The manager has to go. Kenny Williams must fire him, and Williams can go too if he refuses to fire Manuel. We need a manager who will not tolerate this heartless play which is exactly what Manuel does. This is exactly what we see with the Bears. Manuel is Dick Jauron. I am not saying a new manager would guarantee baseball in October, but Manuel's continued presence would guarantee no baseball in October.

The lack of achievement by the White Sox is not 100% Manuel's fault. But it is not 0% either.

I am tired of this goddamn malaise.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-02-2003, 11:30 PM
Sadly, you can't fire the players. So, in order to affect change, there has to be a shakeup. Now, somethimes that can be done with firing a coach, say Gary Ward. But we have played that tune, and it hasn't worked (a la Von Joshua). So now it is time to go after a bigger name. Honestly, I don't feel bad firing Jerry. He has how many years to get this team going, and he hasn't? Whenever this team goes into a funk, it isn't Jerry that is kicking butt and trying to get the players going. It is left up to Konerko, Buerhle, or whoever feels like speaking up.

I give Kenny one more chance. He gets to hire the next manager, but that means he is responsible for that guy. If he hires some bozo to go out there and manage, OK, and when he fails, Kenny goes out right behind that guy.

With all the talent this team has had over the last few years, it is disgraceful that we can't do better than a second place, .500 team year in and year out.

idseer
05-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
folks, nobody has been more of a fan of Jerry Manuel than I have been---but looking at this club now------we are dead in the water-----if this continues we will be damned lucky to finish 81-81...this team reaks of quitters----Im not talking about Loaizas bad outing tonight----Im mean the entire offense----

i tried to tell you this 2 years ago. :(:

ChiSoxBobette
05-03-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey

It's right there every game that this team does not / will not respond to anything this guy manuel does and its been going on the last few years. Like someone else said you can't fire the whole team so you have to let manuel go along with his staff. This team needs some else from the outside to come in and give it a good kick in the butt. Manuel has only had 2 winning seasons and the one season we we finished in 3rd place. Every year the same this thing. Once again our team is in whats looks to be a prolonged batting slump, next the pitching will go all to hell if it has'nt already started with Loaizas loss/bad outing and the last couple of Buehrle outings. When manuel is interviewed after the games theres nothing there same as last year telling us loss after loss that the hitting will come around or the bullpen will start getting better. Then I suppose we won't hear from Reinsdorf until after the All-Star game which to him is way more important then watching whats happening, we'll probably be the only team hosting the All-Star game who won't have any ballplayers there. Due to our division we're still only 4.5 out but it seems that game against the twinkies that was supposed to bring our team together probably got the twinkies rolling while the Sox continue to flounder with manuel.
Reinsdorf Wake Up Either Take An Interest Or Sell The Team To Someone Who Wants To Win A World Series!
:angry: :angry: :angry:
Go White Sox!

lowesox
05-03-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
It's right there every game that this team does not / will not respond to anything this guy manuel does and its been going on the last few years. Like someone else said you can't fire the whole team so you have to let manuel go along with his staff. This team needs some else from the outside to come in and give it a good kick in the butt. Manuel has only had 2 winning seasons and the one season we we finished in 3rd place. Every year the same this thing. Once again our team is in whats looks to be a prolonged batting slump, next the pitching will go all to hell if it has'nt already started with Loaizas loss/bad outing and the last couple of Buehrle outings. When manuel is interviewed after the games theres nothing there same as last year telling us loss after loss that the hitting will come around or the bullpen will start getting better. Then I suppose we won't hear from Reinsdorf until after the All-Star game which to him is way more important then watching whats happening, we'll probably be the only team hosting the All-Star game who won't have any ballplayers there. Due to our division we're still only 4.5 out but it seems that game against the twinkies that was supposed to bring our team together probably got the twinkies rolling while the Sox continue to flounder with manuel.
Reinsdorf Wake Up Either Take An Interest Or Sell The Team To Someone Who Wants To Win A World Series!
:angry: :angry: :angry:
Go White Sox!

I'm a huge Manuel fan and I think he's an exceptional coach. But for the first time, I'm starting to think he's not right for this particular team of players. If Bobby Valentine is the guy then I think it might be a smart move. I will, however, be sad to see him go.

BUT Gary Ward must go. This entire lineup is underachieving at the plate and some of the core fundamentals are missing. There's no way a team with as many talented offensive players should be so terrible offensively.

whitesoxwilkes
05-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

I am tired of this goddamn malaise.

Viva comes alive! Even the great pontificator is mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore.

(And for only the 2nd time I can recall on these boards, Viva and I agree on something)