PDA

View Full Version : Interesting line-up tonight

balboner
05-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Jimenez, Harris, Thomas, Mags, Konerko, Jose, C. Lee, Crede, olivo

whitesoxwilkes
05-02-2003, 07:07 PM
how do you know? do you have a source at the park?

:jerry

*tinker* *tinker*

FarmerAndy
05-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Jimenez, Harris, Thomas, Mags, Konerko, Jose, C. Lee, Crede, olivo

I don't like it. Harris and Olivo both have speed, if they can get on base at the back of the order and turn it back over, Jimenez and/or Valentin could probably get them in. I don't like moving Jose out of the 2 spot. We need to see how well Harris hits MLB pitching before we put him toward the top of the order.

But hey, I'm no manager.

Daver
05-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

But hey, I'm no manager.

:jerry

"What a coincidence,neither am I"

GASHWOUND
05-02-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
I don't like it. Harris and Olivo both have speed, if they can get on base at the back of the order and turn it back over, Jimenez and/or Valentin could probably get them in. I don't like moving Jose out of the 2 spot. We need to see how well Harris hits MLB pitching before we put him toward the top of the order.

But hey, I'm no manager.

I like it, I know Jose has done well in that 2 hole, but he's our only left handed power guy and it breaks the chain of righties after that 2 hole. We have to have some left handed pop in the middle of that order. I'm willing to give it a try, our offense wasn't tearing it up the other way.

capn12
05-02-2003, 08:01 PM
not a bad idea to change things up, but VERY bad timing. We just had a pretty good offensive showing, and then you wanna make batting order changes??

***Tinker, Tinker***

duke of dorwood
05-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Harris is a 9 hitter-if there were 10, he'd be 10th

kermittheefrog
05-02-2003, 10:50 PM
I don't like moving Valentin down in the lineup, he's been one of our best hitters, keep him at the top getting to the plate as much as possible.

Daver
05-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Let's keep trotting this line up out,Lee in left and Harris in center,and pray nothing gets hit out of the infield.

TheBigHurt
05-03-2003, 12:32 AM
TINKER-ROO, son lead-off Wee Willie

BE GOOD tinker-roo, think sometimes

whitesoxwilkes
05-03-2003, 09:14 AM
Heard a loud sucking coming from the South Side when I got home last night. I was a little worried at first, then realized it was just the noise Wee Willie makes on his occasional trips to the majors.

ChiSoxBobette
05-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by capn12
not a bad idea to change things up, but VERY bad timing. We just had a pretty good offensive showing, and then you wanna make batting order changes??

***Tinker, Tinker***
Only Go's To Show Everyone It's Time For Manuel To Go!
He's Completely Lost, and when he's ineterviewed after a game it sounds like theres no interest whats so ever in what happens anymore. Bruce Levine after one of the games against the twinkies made the comment that manuel said that if everything ends this year ,meaning him managing the Sox; his new home in Florida is payed for and he basically has other interests to keep him busy. He just does'nt care anymore & Reinsdorf is going to let him sit in his position as manager until after the All-Star game, which in my opinion is the only thing Reinsdorf cares about now then after the break and the Sox are floundering below the twinkies & kc and probably the .500 mark all of a sudden we'll hear from Chairman Reinsdorf. If theres a change now being only 4.5 out maybe a new manager & coaches will light a fire but if Reinsdorf & KW wait to long (as has happened the last few years) the season could be over by the break especially with us going on the dreaded westcoast swing this next week. I think this series with Seattle should close the door on the manuel era.

Go White Sox!