PDA

View Full Version : Rick Telander is a Jack-A**

Hangar18
05-02-2003, 05:35 PM
and is trying to jump on the Kiley/Mariotti Propoganda Express.
Todays article about how amazing it is that the cubs were in 1st on May 1st isnt Journalism as much as its rah-rah. Stories like this are too easy to write. I have the May 1st Tribune from last year, when the Sox were much better and if memory serves me right, we were also in 1st place. No rah-rah articles from Telander. No stories of players children wandering cutely on the field. No mention of what an amazing feat it was (last yr) for this Sox Team to be in 1st despite lack of media coverage.

joecrede
05-02-2003, 05:42 PM
I've found most of Telander's articles since he began writing for the Sun-Times lacking in substance. It's pretty clear to me that he was better suited for the feature articles he wrote with Sports Illustrated than he is the three-times-a-week column he writes now.

MarqSox
05-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Actually, Telander wrote a fantastic (and balanced) article on Chicago baseball for Sports Illustrated last month (it was the issue with Dwyane Wade on the cover). Outstanding reading, he praised and criticized both teams equally, and really got to the heart of the matter. One of the best baseball articles I've ever read.

LuvSox
05-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Get the 'F' outta here! No Chicago media is biased. (Maybe Grobber)