PDA

View Full Version : WHITE Sox Superstitions?

TheBigHurt
05-02-2003, 04:42 PM
MY White Sox superstition: (very strange) :)

I have a pillow that has every cap MLB team....AND what I do every knight for good luck is I sleep on the side of the Sox cap and I face it towards the door, so people walkin in while im sleeping can view the sox cap on the pillow....I started this last yr and it hasnt brough us much luck :angry:

THATS pretty much it as for daily Sox superstitions

I wanted to hear any other members Sox superstitions.....

BE GOOD folks

LuvSox
05-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Do you have baseball jammies too?

TheBigHurt
05-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Do you have baseball jammies too?

LOL....NOPE in fact ive never had jammies...WHAT the hell are they anyway?

Unregistered
05-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
I started this last yr and it hasnt brough us much luck :angry:
That being said, the fact that you still continue to do this every night is what makes you insane. :o:

Hangar18
05-02-2003, 05:23 PM
I break furniture after a loss. Mostly to "rid" the team of evil demons and such.

TheBigHurt
05-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
That being said, the fact that you still continue to do this every night is what makes you insane. :o:

AM I getting ripped from a fellow NYer again........HONESTLY I started doing that in feb. if I can recall.....

BE GOOD

Unregistered
05-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I break furniture after a loss. Mostly to "rid" the team of evil demons and such. Hangar, your house must look like a lumber yard. That is, of course, unless you're breaking other people's furniture...

whitesoxwilkes
05-02-2003, 05:46 PM
If I wear socks to a Sox game, they are always white.

Hangar18
05-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hangar, your house must look like a lumber yard. That is, of course, unless you're breaking other people's furniture...

(laughed my arse off just now)

FarmerAndy
05-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I break furniture after a loss. Mostly to "rid" the team of evil demons and such.

That's good stuff.

I'm suprised I've never broken anything in my living room, because I whip the remote control across the room every time the Sox lose.

Of course, maybe my weak arm is the reason I've never broken anything. :D:

Paulwny
05-02-2003, 08:30 PM
I have a ritual during and after the games. I gulp down a handful of rolaids.

LuvSox
05-02-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

KW call you for a middle relief spot yet?

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-02-2003, 10:51 PM
i look at my sox calendar when i hit the bathroom every morning. this month is jeff liefer. (gotta love up to date 2003 calendars. )

Konerkoholic
05-03-2003, 12:19 AM
After a win, I listen to postgame either with Wills or J-Hood, and then watch highlights on ESPN three or four times.

After a loss, I listen to no postgame, watch no highlights, and then I break stuff. Then I look at the picture below, and I am calmed.

TheBigHurt
05-03-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
After a win, I listen to postgame either with Wills or J-Hood, and then watch highlights on ESPN three or four times.

After a loss, I listen to no postgame, watch no highlights, and then I break stuff. Then I look at the picture below, and I am calmed.

GREAT way!!!! :)

WinningUgly!
05-03-2003, 01:37 AM
I'm a hat guy...I've worn a hat every day of my life for as long as I can remember. I have about 15 different White Sox hats & have a few superstitions with them...

1) I have to wear the same Sox hat day after day, as long as the Sox win consecutive games. Whenever they lose, I have to change to a different hat & keep switching everyday until they win.

2) If I buy a new Sox hat during the season, or get one as a gift, I cannot wear it until the Sox lose 3 games in a row. I do this to keep from angering the Bandwagon Gods during White Sox winning streaks. Getting a new hat when the Sox are playing good makes me feel like a front-runner. When I add one to my "rotation" during the tough times, it makes me feel like I'm giving more support to my team when they're down...even though I'm really doing it out of desperation to end the losing streak through my goofy superstition.

TheBigHurt
05-03-2003, 10:39 AM
WU, and people say iI have a weird one

LuvSox
05-03-2003, 10:43 AM
I :gulp: heavily before, during, and long after the games. Then I boink my wife while she sings "Na Na, Hey Hey, Goodbye" at the top of her lungs.

voodoochile
05-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
That's good stuff.

I'm suprised I've never broken anything in my living room, because I whip the remote control across the room every time the Sox lose.

Get some of those big plastic cups they give away at the park or fast food joints. Drink out of them during games (or at least keep them on hand) when they are empty you can throw them really really hard and they don't break anything other then themselves. It is very satisfying...

None of my superstisions work anymore. Nothing I do works. I really don't believe in them all that much, and maybe that is where the problem lies...

Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I'm a hat guy...I've worn a hat every day of my life for as long as I can remember. I have about 15 different White Sox hats & have a few superstitions with them...

I like it. That sounds something like I do, but I try not to be so streaky, sticking with one hat for most of the season, refusing to give up until it clearly isn't working, but I rarely go back for old hats. Maybe I'll try to find my 1983 hat and start wearing it again...

Jjav829
05-03-2003, 01:25 PM
I don't have anything particular that I do, but if I am doing something and the Sox succeed, I usually keep doing it. Last year during one game where we mounted a comeback in the 9th inning at Seattle (or maybe it was 2 years ago), I sat raising and lowering the volume on the TV for every other pitch. But hey, the Sox were coming back so I wasn't about to stop even though it's not like they were going to lose just because I stopped messing with the volume. Yes I know, I am nuts. You think this is bad, you should see me during a Bears game... :smile:

voodoochile
05-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I don't have anything particular that I do, but if I am doing something and the Sox succeed, I usually keep doing it. Last year during one game where we mounted a comeback in the 9th inning at Seattle (or maybe it was 2 years ago), I sat raising and lowering the volume on the TV for every other pitch. But hey, the Sox were coming back so I wasn't about to stop even though it's not like they were going to lose just because I stopped messing with the volume. Yes I know, I am nuts. You think this is bad, you should see me during a Bears game... :smile:

Now, the Bears I have lots of superstitions for... :)