PDA

View Full Version : Worst Possible New Manager

Fridaythe13thJason
05-02-2003, 12:12 PM
From the Suntimes

Just hours earlier, one rumor had Sox investors sitting in a meeting Thursday and shouting out reasons Manuel should be dismissed and naming possible replacements, including former New York Mets manager Bobby Valentine and former Sox manager Terry Bevington .

Uhh...now at least we can all agree that that is the worst idea ever.

thecell
05-02-2003, 12:14 PM
If that happened, I would seriously considering cheering for another team.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Oh no way!!! That is freakin' impossible, right? Bevington was the biggest joke of a manager of all time. Come on, calling to the bullpen when no one is warming up? They had that goofy post-game quote on the other day during the Lee Elia 20th anniversary where he was babbling about arguing with the ump and getting mixed up with whether he wanted to say foul or fair. That had to be among the dumbest things I have ever heard from a manager.

That had to be Moronotti trying to plant an evil idea in the Sox brass' heads.

:moron

Muuuuwaahahahaha!! My plan for world Cubbie domination continues!!!!

jortafan
05-02-2003, 12:24 PM
If we're going to banter about bringing back worthless retreads, I say bring back Don Kessinger.

DrCrawdad
05-02-2003, 01:04 PM
I can't believe that Bevington's name has come up. That's nonsense.

Daver
05-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I can't believe that Bevington's name has come up. That's nonsense.

Well I think the Sox still have his shoes.

Blueprint1
05-02-2003, 01:10 PM
I don't believe that for a second

ChiSoxBobette
05-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
From the Suntimes

Uhh...now at least we can all agree that that is the worst idea ever.

TERRY BEVINGTON , I THINK WE'VE ALL SEEN ENOUGH OF BOOM BOOM BEVINGTON. THAT HAS TO BE SOMEBODIES IDEA OF A JOKE.
:?: :o: :gulp:

Unregistered
05-02-2003, 02:00 PM
I think I'd prefer just about ANYONE over Terry Bevington. I wouldn't even let that ass clown behind the churros stand.

In fact, I'd rather have 4 year old Darren Baker as our manager. The media LOVES this kid, and we can play up the whole "Crosstown Rivalry" thing. I'm convinced he'd be about as effective as Ol' Jerry is, and he's sure to put people in the seats...

thecell
05-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Bevington has to be one of the worst managers we've had...he couldn't even manage to find his way out of a phone booth!

Procol Harum
05-02-2003, 03:03 PM
:sahaf

"Terry Bevington is the finest baseball mind in all of Iraq."

TheBigHurt
05-02-2003, 03:09 PM
GLAD no one heard what I said about Bobby V yesterday......

BE GODO

Stoky44
05-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
:sahaf

"Terry Bevington is the finest baseball mind in all of Iraq."

lol :D:

Stoky44
05-02-2003, 03:36 PM
What is funny is that there was a thread a few days ago about who would be Jerry's replacement, and I was jokingly going to put down his name. This has got to be somebodies idea of a joke, I don't know of anybody who thought Bevington was a good manager.