PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Situation

valposoxfan
05-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Interesting situation here. Manuel is under a ton of fire and knows he is in danger of losing his job. The Sox needed this win. He is going to see another day. If the Sox don't win 2 of 3 from Seattle is he done??? No one really knows and no one really knows how close this management is to firing him. We will find out a ton in the next 72 hours.

NewyorkSoxFan
05-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Interesting situation here. Manuel is under a ton of fire and knows he is in danger of losing his job. The Sox needed this win. He is going to see another day. If the Sox don't win 2 of 3 from Seattle is he done??? No one really knows and no one really knows how close this management is to firing him. We will find out a ton in the next 72 hours.

Valpo we spoke about this last nite, I feel that if he doesn't get it going in the right direction in the next two weeks he could be done. I would even go so far as to say if he does not have this team in 1st place by memorial day, he could be done. That gives him two whole months to see what this team has.

If for some reason he falls behind KC and Minn then they may pull the trigger even sooner.

But then again what do I know? :?:

NYSF

FarmerAndy
05-02-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm not a Jerry Manuel fan, but what difference is it going to make if they fire him? None. It would make a huge difference if they fired him and brought in a respectable name, but the Sox aren't going to do that. If they fire Manuel we'll end up with Bruce Kimm or somebody else who is already in the organization.

We're talking about the White Sox here, and they are some cheap s.o.b.'s. I think Manuel should've been gone a long time ago, but giving somebody the boot is only effective if you replace them with somebody better. That ain't gonna happen. We'll get a new manager from the bargain basement.

Hangar18
05-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Sadly, I agree. Would the sox have hired Dusty Baker, without the media buying him his ticket here already? Dusty was Hired by the Media. Would the Media hire someone for the Sox? Probably not. Thats why the SOX Can & Will take the Cheap Route Hiring the Next Mgr, and the only people that will notice will be Sox Fans. The media are too busy with the Team of Dustiny to care......

Hangar18
05-02-2003, 03:50 PM
Im sticking with my original Prediction. Jerry is gone monday May 5, 2003. Cooper will run the Team after that the rest of the season. The team will show life down the stretch and miss the wildcard by 9 1/2 games. Meanwhile, 8 miles north, the Media will be beside themselves with Glee, Emotion and Frenzy as the cubs make the wild card again. Talks will resume over a Sammy Sosa inspired Restaurant next door to the Dusty Baker Steakhouse.