PDA

View Full Version : Olivo should play more

lowesox
05-01-2003, 09:08 PM
I like how he's come on offensively in the last few weeks. As a matter of fact, I love every part of his game. I LOVE how runners are afraid to run on him.

MHOUSE
05-01-2003, 10:23 PM
I agree. He shuts down the running game, he's a stud defensively and he's starting to hit. He's the whole package as a catcher and has speed to boot. I like this kid.

Daver
05-01-2003, 10:26 PM
He has never played more than 110 games in a season,and only for one season,and you want to burn him out already?

baggio202
05-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by daver
He has never played more than 110 games in a season,and only for one season,and you want to burn him out already?

he is 24..id be willing to take that chance if it gives us a better chance at winning this year...i want colon back long term and the only way that happens is if we win the division and go somewhere in the playoffs

MRKARNO
05-01-2003, 10:36 PM
Olivo is the next Pudge Rodruiguez

lowesox
05-01-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by daver

I'm not saying play him EVERY day, just more. Make him our "starting" catcher, and give him breaks when he needs it.

Daver
05-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
he is 24..id be willing to take that chance if it gives us a better chance at winning this year...i want colon back long term and the only way that happens is if we win the division and go somewhere in the playoffs

If this team doesn't go on a tear Colon will be gone by the deadline,and you don't need to burn out the only catching prospect this team has anyway.

TheBigHurt
05-01-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I like how he's come on offensively in the last few weeks. As a matter of fact, I love every part of his game. I LOVE how runners are afraid to run on him.

COULDNT agree more.....I tried....I think he is our future #2 hitter....OR is that going out on a lim

BE GOOD

Daver
05-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Olivo is the next Pudge Rodruiguez

Yes he is, overplay him and he will spend a good chunk of four seasons on the DL just like Ivan Rodriguez does.

There was only one pudge BTW.

MHOUSE
05-02-2003, 08:44 AM
I agree you don't want to burn him out, but make him the starting catcher and rest him every time he needs one.

34 Inch Stick
05-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Don't worry about playing time right now. Sandy will be on the DL by the All Star break and then Olivo can be the starter.

By the way he is hitting .224. His defense is great, but he still needs work on hitting.