PDA

View Full Version : I hope people come to the park Sunday Night

HawkDJ
05-01-2003, 09:28 PM
We're going to be on national TV. Let's try to show the nation we have some fans unlike what we see tonight. I know it is chilly and rainy and we aren't playing well but still.

LuvSox
05-01-2003, 09:49 PM
It doesn't look good, but if there is any possible way, I'll make it.

chisox06
05-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Well instead of 3 packed houses this year (cubs/sox) we'll have 4 with the allstar game

koch44
05-01-2003, 10:43 PM
I'll be there. :smile:

hose
05-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
We're going to be on national TV. Let's try to show the nation we have some fans unlike what we see tonight. I know it is chilly and rainy and we aren't playing well but still.

I am surprised with Zito facing Clemens that MLB didn't move the A's/Yankees game into prime time.

I'll be there both Saturday and Sunday nights, with both being night games looks like I get to do some yard work during the day.....damn

Daver
05-02-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by hose
I am surprised with Zito facing Clemens that MLB didn't move the A's/Yankees game into prime time.

I'll be there both Saturday and Sunday nights, with both being night games looks like I get to do some yard work during the day.....damn

Don't forget to hug a tree if you did not do so on Arbor day.

:)

whitesoxwilkes
05-02-2003, 12:48 AM
I'm there.

TheBigHurt
05-02-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by daver

daver, thanks for reminding me.....I said I did, yet I didnt....I will :)

hose
05-02-2003, 11:03 AM

Arbor day is very important ..............

Today's sapling is a future tree stand for bow hunters. :D:

WhiteSoxWinner
05-02-2003, 12:03 PM

I'll be there. But I am guessing this is not a good day to test my new track shoes on the field, huh?

maurice
05-02-2003, 02:19 PM
I'll be in my usual seats in right-center.

uksoxfan
05-02-2003, 02:29 PM

The game is going out live over here too.

Mind you, this will be the 3rd attempt to show the Sox on TV here, 1st game @ Cleveland postponed, 2nd @ Baltimore pulled in favour of a NHL play-off game#7..............I'm hoping it's 3rd time lucky! :gulp:

Procol Harum
05-02-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by uksoxfan
The game is going out live over here too.

Mind you, this will be the 3rd attempt to show the Sox on TV here, 1st game @ Cleveland postponed, 2nd @ Baltimore pulled in favour of a NHL play-off game#7..............I'm hoping it's 3rd time lucky! :gulp:

Shhhhh!! We generally tend to embarrass ourselves when the Sox are on nat'l hook-ups over on this side of the Pond. I don't wanna get 'em nervous about playing in front of tens of dozens from Cornwall to Caithness.

thecell
05-02-2003, 02:50 PM

Save a tree...eat a beaver

TheBigHurt
05-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by thecell

I'LL try......

BE GOOD

dllrbll7
05-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by thecell

Thats my kind of thinking. I guess i will try to save some trees then

Hangar18
05-02-2003, 05:21 PM
I received an email from our fine UK friends on the other side of the Pond. Said they were going to be watching the game LIVE this Sunday nite vs. Mariners. Think I will have to go now, to show the World that Sox fans do exist.....

FarmerAndy
05-02-2003, 06:05 PM
I'm going on Sunday. When the Sox are on national television I usually prefer to stay home and watch, 'cause I like to hear what the national broadcasters have to say about the team from an un-biased viewpoint. But I really don't want the ballpark to be empty when we are on Sunday Night Baseball. So I'm gonna do my part and rally as many troops as I can to go out to the ballpark on Sunday night.

The Sox should make sure security is on high alert this weekend. There are day games at Wrigley all weekend. The last thing we need is more drunk Cub fans showing up for our night games and making us look bad.

FanOf14
05-02-2003, 07:58 PM
My bf and I will be there Sunday. The bad part about that is he is a mariners' fan :angry: :o: :angry: . I am not holding much hope for this series, but I am always up for a good surprise and this is one case where I wouldn't mind be wrong :D: .

pissonthecubs
05-02-2003, 08:44 PM
I'll be there with the girlfriend on sunday night. She is quickly becoming a HARD CORE Sox Fan (she comes from a family with no baseball interest), always mad about something or finding something bad about the team, even on the good days. She's learning so fast.

ihatethecubs
05-03-2003, 06:54 PM
last time sunday night baseball was here there were only like 13,000 there but the park almost looked full on TV cuz the upper deck was closed

LuvSox
05-03-2003, 11:15 PM
Cool, looks like I'm gonna make it. I can smell the brats & onions grilling already!!!!

FanOf14
05-03-2003, 11:22 PM
After the effort (or lack thereof) from "our boys" the last week or so, I really do not want to go, but since I've already paid for the stupid tickets, I may as well go and try to have some fun, but with a Mariners fan right next to me the whole time, I am not sure if I can have fun... :whiner: :(: :whiner:

MRKARNO
05-04-2003, 12:08 AM
We should boycott our team on national television instead of supporting them.

voodoochile
05-04-2003, 12:35 AM
If the Sox get shelled, Monday could be the day someone's head roles. I don't know who, but you do NOT want to embarass JR on national TV...

TheBigHurt
05-04-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Cool, looks like I'm gonna make it. I can smell the brats & onions grilling already!!!!

Luvvy.....YA still excited???

BE GOOD

LuvSox
05-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
Luvvy.....YA still excited???

Of course I'm still excited, I get that way every time. If I was a season ticket holder I'd probably have a heart attack. :D:

ChiSoxBobette
05-04-2003, 10:12 AM

I was at Saturday nights game & the way the Mariners beat up on us Sat. & Friday I'm hoping for RAIN! Why do we want our chicago sports media to be able to write about this pathetic team let alone let the country see us get the crap beat out of us again by a team that has on paper any way players that are no better than ours except they play hard and play as a team. Nobody knows what the Sox are doing. Saturday night the only pitcher worth anything was Marte the rest are a bunch of gutless punks. Our manager does'nt have a clue , the hitting coach is just happy to be getting a paycheck evidently because this whole team is in a batting slump and he has no idea as to how or what to do to get them started. I can't beleive we get these players , Wells and this year Koch; who before they get here are stud ballplayers while they're here they stink the park up & after they leave become stud ballplayers again. Lets see we leave for the westcoast after Sundays debacle on national tv - at home 1&2 vs Oakland , 0&3 vs Seattle we then hit the road and go to thier parks where if history tells us anything we'll get swept there to so that will make us 1 & 12 against the better teams in the western division. I don't care what anyone says this baseball year in going down the toilet fast.
:angry: :angry:
:?: - JERRY MANUEL

FIRE MANUEL!

Lip Man 1
05-04-2003, 02:37 PM
I tend to think with the bad weather, mediocre team and a Sunday night game you'll have about 13 thousand.

I'm sure Joe Morgan and Jon Miller will be telling us all about it but before you rip Morgan too much remember he was one of the few TV talking heads to unmercifully rip Sox management the night of July 31, 1997 the day of the White Flag surrender so I tend to cut him a little slack.

he stuck up for Sox fans.

Lip