PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with our Prospects?

balboner
05-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Do any of our top minor league prospects actually play well in the majors? Garland has been a bust, do I even have to mention the likes of Ruffcorn, and I really am disappointed w/Crede so far this year.

pudge
05-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Do any of our top minor league prospects actually play well in the majors? Garland has been a bust, do I even have to mention the likes of Ruffcorn, and I really am disappointed w/Crede so far this year.

Look out, you're gonna get nailed for that Crede statement... unleash the WSI hounds!

balboner
05-01-2003, 07:44 PM
Yeah, nothing like a corner infielder hitting 230 w/one homer on the year. Has he a good at-bat in the last two weeks?

Huisj
05-01-2003, 08:10 PM
anyone remember ventura's big 0 for fortywhatever streak? stick with him, he'll come around.

Iguana775
05-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
anyone remember ventura's big 0 for fortywhatever streak? stick with him, he'll come around.

yea, that Ventura guy really sucked!

duke of dorwood
05-01-2003, 08:45 PM
I believe we have more successes than busts.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-01-2003, 09:04 PM
do I even have to mention the likes of Ruffcorn,

yeah scott ruffcorn is killing us this year

MHOUSE
05-01-2003, 09:07 PM
speaking of killing us, here comes Flash Gordon from the 'pen. There goes Kelly's 0.00 ERA.

lighttowerpower1
05-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Most top prospects in every organization end up being busts. It doesn't mean that your organization is a failure, it just means that you have to continue to develop a bunch of good prospects and hope that a few of them work out.

jeremyb1
05-01-2003, 09:26 PM

yeah. garland is a bust just like kip wells. lets call the pirates, i'll bet they're interested.

you have to keep your frustration in check to avoid talking like garland's career is over after one below average start. it often takes young pitchers a long time to become effective at the major league level. patience is a valuable tool.

lowesox
05-01-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
patience is a valuable tool.

Lets face it - there's very little patience at WSI.

I think Garland will be a valuable member this year. He's a guy who always seems to get better as the season progresses.

Lip Man 1
05-01-2003, 10:00 PM
He's a guy who always seems to get better as the season progresses.

This is not a rip at the person who wrote this but if this is true it's always too late to help the Sox isn't it?

The Sox need players to perform in April, not just in August when the season is lost and the pressure is off.

Also it's hard to have patience when perhaps a whole generation of Sox fans have lived and died without a World Series appearance isn't it?

Lip

MRKARNO
05-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Here's a did you know:

Did you know? The following current White Sox all came from the Sox Minor league system:

Magglio Ordonez
Carlos Lee
Mark Buerhle
Frank Thomas

Of course we've had our share of failures, but the products of our minor league system are the core of the team so lay your blame elsewhere