PDA

View Full Version : Manual Getting The Ax?

SDSoxFan
05-01-2003, 07:02 PM
http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/mlb/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=mlb_chw&id=214610

Anyone hear anything lately, like on the Score? I don't live near Chi anymore, so if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. I want Bobby V as manager NOW!

Jjav829
05-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by SDSoxFan
http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/mlb/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=mlb_chw&id=214610

Anyone hear anything lately, like on the Score? I don't live near Chi anymore, so if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. I want Bobby V as manager NOW!

Mike North (take it for what its worth) says that he is hearing rumors that Manuel is walking the plank and that Bobby V and Backman are the leading candidates to replace him.

cornball
05-01-2003, 07:14 PM
North was saying there is an investers meeting today possibly to discuss the manager's position.

GASHWOUND
05-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Ohh, news like this makes me gitty :D:

capn12
05-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Well, I cant say that I would be heartbroken. Time for a change, let JM take Gary Ward with him. Let Backman pick his hitting coach to bring along.

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-01-2003, 07:43 PM
i liked him, but he just hasn't been cutting it. it's time for a change.

TheBigHurt
05-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by SDSoxFan
I want Bobby V as manager NOW!

HEY I like it....HE was always fun to watch at Shea...HE though sometimes seems clueless

jeremyb1
05-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Mike North (take it for what its worth) says that he is hearing rumors that Manuel is walking the plank and that Bobby V and Backman are the leading candidates to replace him.

if something does go down i really want backman filling in. i think he's the best guy for the job. he's supposedly one of the top young managerial candidates in the game, he's not carying around too much baggage. he's the guy i'd want.

duke of dorwood
05-01-2003, 08:12 PM
North? This is what he's worth as a source;

"Just last week, Rod Zimmerman, vice president and general manager of the Score, read an abject apology on the air for comments North made that offended members of Chicago's Greek community. No disciplinary action was taken against North by the Infinity Broadcasting station."

Viva Magglio
05-02-2003, 12:26 AM
George Ofman later reported in his updates that the investors were angry and that some of them wanted Manuel out.

MHOUSE
05-02-2003, 12:30 AM
Bruce Levine reported on the postgame show that it was a scheduled investors meeting for 3 months and that the investors don't discuss personnel moves anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry is on the hot seat these next 9 games vs. OAK and SEA. Go Bobby V!

ShoelessFred
05-02-2003, 01:13 AM
http://www.bensbaseballautographs.com/Players/Pictures/ValentineB.jpg

Here i come CHICAGO

gosox41
05-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by cornball
North was saying there is an investers meeting today possibly to discuss the manager's position.

North is wrong about everything except there being an investor's meeting yesterday. Don't be dumb enough to believe a word he says.

Bob

Mammoo
05-02-2003, 12:47 PM
About Manuel’s imminent demise:

"After I got done laughing :D: ," he said, "I felt no need to talk to [Manuel] about it because we've already talked about all the issues concerning the ballclub. So he doesn't have to listen to any reports or read any newspapers ... to know what's on my mind."

So dats dat!

Hullett_Fan
05-02-2003, 01:00 PM
BRING IN BACKMAN OR LEYVA!!!

Bobby V. is a tool and would probably get less respect in the clubhouse than Manuel does now. Look at the Mets toward the end of his run....totally unmotivated.

steff
05-02-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by cornball

The issue of a new manager was not even mentioned.

moochpuppy
05-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by capn12
Let Backman pick his hitting coach to bring along.

<<cough>>......Walt Hriniak......<<cough>>

moochpuppy
05-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
The issue of a new manager was not even mentioned.

:?: By North or in the actual meeting of investors?

Bobby Thigpen
05-02-2003, 02:20 PM
Valentine sucks and would be a terrible choice if they replace JM.
If the Sox did get rid of him, at least find someone who is able to motivate the team. Valentine has proved that in the last two years that he couldn't motivate a team full of talent and with a high priced roster. What makes you think he could motivate a team of talent with a lower priced roster? Sure, he went to one world series. But Cito Gaston won two and I wouldn't consider him a great manager.

I still think it's too early to be calling for people's heads. We're 3 1/2 out with around 130 games left. ANYTHING can happen.

guillen4life13
05-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Oooh! I have an idea! Mark Buehrle and Jerry Manuel for Tony La Russa and Matt Morris!

steff
05-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
:?: By North or in the actual meeting of investors?

In the meeting. North is a dumba$$.