PDA

View Full Version : Warthog Info

NC_sox_fan
05-01-2003, 04:15 PM
From the Carolina League weekly email update:

"WINSTON-SALEM...LHP BYEONG AN pitched six scoreless innings (6 H, 2 BB, 4 SO) in a 10-0 win at Potomac April 28. 3B ERIC STOREY hit a pair of home runs to lead the offense. Through the end of April, Storey was tied for second in the league with four home runs...LHP RYAN MEAUX did not allow a run in nine outings April 4-29 (20 IP, 10 H, 1 BB, 15 SO), posting a pair of saves. Meaux, who was traded to the White Sox in the deal that sent Kenny Lofton to the Giants last July, has not given up a hit in four of his nine relief appearances...OF DAYLAN HOLT, acquired over the winter from the Athletics in the Billy Koch for Keith Foulke swap, hit .410 (16-39, 5 2B, 2 HR, 16 RBI, 4 SB) in 12 games April 19-30."

I haven't had a chance to check on the other Sox minors today, but Winston-Salem won last night. They were 3-3 on the road, having been swept by the Wilmington Blue Rocks. In turn, the Hogs swept the Potomac Cannons.

Winston-Salem will be home for a four game stand against the Blue Rocks. Hopefully we can reverse our luck with them when we were up in Wilmington.

Does anyone read this stuff I'm posting?????

Daver
05-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by NC_sox_fan
From the Carolina League weekly email update:

"WINSTON-SALEM...LHP BYEONG AN pitched six scoreless innings (6 H, 2 BB, 4 SO) in a 10-0 win at Potomac April 28. 3B ERIC STOREY hit a pair of home runs to lead the offense. Through the end of April, Storey was tied for second in the league with four home runs...LHP RYAN MEAUX did not allow a run in nine outings April 4-29 (20 IP, 10 H, 1 BB, 15 SO), posting a pair of saves. Meaux, who was traded to the White Sox in the deal that sent Kenny Lofton to the Giants last July, has not given up a hit in four of his nine relief appearances...OF DAYLAN HOLT, acquired over the winter from the Athletics in the Billy Koch for Keith Foulke swap, hit .410 (16-39, 5 2B, 2 HR, 16 RBI, 4 SB) in 12 games April 19-30."

I haven't had a chance to check on the other Sox minors today, but Winston-Salem won last night. They were 3-3 on the road, having been swept by the Wilmington Blue Rocks. In turn, the Hogs swept the Potomac Cannons.

Winston-Salem will be home for a four game stand against the Blue Rocks. Hopefully we can reverse our luck with them when we were up in Wilmington.

I do NC sox. And Byeong An is the pitcher the Sox got in the Howry trade to Red Sox.

LuvSox
05-01-2003, 04:18 PM

Of course we do. Thank you for doing it! :D:

hold2dibber
05-01-2003, 04:55 PM

Religiously - I always look forward to it. Keep up the good work and thanks.

thecell
05-01-2003, 05:04 PM
thanks NC, very much appreciated!

Hangar18
05-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Like Ray Rayner from way back in the day, I put on my Warthog hat (I have the green one too) and check out whats happening On the Farm. Thanks, otherwise, I wouldnt be able to bust out my Farm Knowledge when im sitting in LF with my buds and drinking a cold MGD

NC_sox_fan
05-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Thanks! Glad to know you're interested.

I've got some new pictures of the Hogs and Knights I'll post soon.