PDA

View Full Version : A Change May Be Necessary

Mammoo
05-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Sometimes a change at the top is required to snap a team out of the doldrums.

The classic instance that comes to mind is when George Steinbrenner replaced Billy Martin with Bob Lemon in 1978. Everyone knows that Lemon was no ball of fire but the change did serve to wake up the team and change the atmosphere; Martin and Lemon being worlds apart personality wise. The result was a pennant. The mercurial Yankee owner ultimately dumped Lemon and returned the managerial reins to Martin.

Jerry Manuel's baseball acumen really isn't the issue. Conversely, I believe he knows as much as any other manager, it's just that this group of athletes is not responding to his leadership and perhaps a change will "light a fire" under these guys!

faneidde
05-01-2003, 02:23 PM
I've got it, we could get Kenny Williams to trade for a washed-up, old manager. Don Zimmer anyone?

TheBigHurt
05-01-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by faneidde
I've got it, we could get Kenny Williams to trade for a washed-up, old manager. Don Zimmer anyone?

TOM Kelly anyone?????OHH dammo I know I am on the verge of criticism

BE GOOD

Hangar18
05-01-2003, 02:44 PM
Last nite, Nobody pointed this out Today, but The Umpires made
another BAD CALL, this on an an Oakland Grounder and the guy was out at 1B. Missed it again. We were in the LF stands, and pretty pissed about this. How can the SOX be Victims of this many calls in a 1 week span? It was good to see him go out and let them know We are on to this shady umpiring.

Mammoo
05-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Is Al Lopez busy??? :D:

thecell
05-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Lee Elia?