PDA

View Full Version : A good move for the Sox would be...


Spiff
08-18-2001, 05:51 PM
Sign Danny Almonte.

He's prollly better than embree :)

Daver
08-18-2001, 05:52 PM
Can you draft a sixth grader?

With our luck the kid would bring in Scott Boras as his agent.

WindyCityHusker
08-18-2001, 06:22 PM
Only requirement is that he have a Diploma or equivalent (GED)....so, if he could pass the GED test, then they could probably sign him :)

Viva Magglio
08-18-2001, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
Sign Danny Almonte.

He's prollly better than embree :)

They did a story about him tonight on the "CBS Evening News," and he plays within a stone's throw of Yankee Stadium.

That said, you know the Boss is going to pull strings and get him in Yankee pinstripes.

OfficerKarkovice
08-18-2001, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!


They did a story about him tonight on the "CBS Evening News," and he plays within a stone's throw of Yankee Stadium.

Within a stones throw for him, or for most normal humans? The kid was throwing 75 miles per hour. There are pitchers who pitch varsity baseball and throw 75 mph. The kid is in what, 6th grade? They better just hope he doesnt blow out his cannon.

rmusacch
08-19-2001, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice


Within a stones throw for him, or for most normal humans? The kid was throwing 75 miles per hour. There are pitchers who pitch varsity baseball and throw 75 mph. The kid is in what, 6th grade? They better just hope he doesnt blow out his cannon.

I think they were saying his slider was hitting 70. That is freaking amazing.

Pete Ward
08-19-2001, 07:37 AM
Any kid that young throwing sliders and curves is in for trouble.

NUCatsFan
08-19-2001, 11:38 AM
KW would try and actually sign Danny DelMonte, heir to the DelMonte emipre.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-19-2001, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Pete Ward
Any kid that young throwing sliders and curves is in for trouble.

The sad part is, Kenny Williams would probably trade for him. Six weeks later when his ERA is 9.77, the kid will reveal he's been playing hurt and go on the DL for surgery.

And of course KW will immediately announce, "The Sox stand by the original trade."

"What, you think I'm a moron? If I whine, I'll have to relive the horror of 'Sirotka Shouldergate' all over again!"
:KW

HootieMcBoob
08-19-2001, 12:44 PM
KW would try and actually sign Danny DelMonte, heir to the DelMonte emipre.

HAHA LOL!

By the way - how is that OTHER Berry/Barry doing that we DID NOT get???