PDA

View Full Version : "Do you want me to lose him for the season?"

ShoelessFred
05-01-2003, 12:29 AM
this is what jerry manuel said on tuesday night after the loss to the oakland A's when a reporter asked him about moving frank thomas down in the line up. this statement scares and pisses me off! is jerry scared of frank? is frank the boss? does jerry have balls? this statement that he made should be the final nail in the coffin.

FIRE JERRY MANUEL

MHOUSE
05-01-2003, 12:34 AM
No much room left in this coffin, oh so many nails all ready. We need to fire him, nobody could be scared of Ghandi.

baggio202
05-01-2003, 12:54 AM
i really like manuel...ive talked to him a few times...he is a bright intelligent person...but he is failing big time and t seems like his loding sight of who the boss and is and who the employees are...gotta make that switch i think if there is any chance for this team this year...and as weak as this division is there is a good chance if someone could motivate this bunch

voodoochile
05-01-2003, 01:38 AM
I'm not defending Manuel. His comments are further proof he has lost control of the team and has no answers, IMO.

But, why would you want to move Frank down anyway? For the last week+ he has been hitting the ball as well as anyone on the team (they aren't all falling, but he has been right on the ball as much as anyone on the team recently). In addition he continues to take his walks (which would mean less in a lower slot).

I admit that last season he was struggling to hit for average while still maintaining his power numbers so it worked okay, but right now Frank just appears to be getting his swing back and people want to drop him? What lineup would people suggest?

If I'd move Frank anywhere, it would be up to #2 and then put Jose in the 5 hole or even cleanup. Down makes NO sense to me at all...

34 Inch Stick
05-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Jerry was afraid of Liefer, of course he is afraid of Frank. Whenever a player wants something all they have to do is say it in the media. It ends up being like a Jedi mind trick on Jerry and he immediately does as the player says.

kermittheefrog
05-01-2003, 02:44 PM
Why would you move Frank down in the lineup?

TheBigHurt
05-01-2003, 02:46 PM
YOU cant move down Mr. Hurt in the lineup when everyone is struggling....WELL unless your Tinker-roo

BE GOOD

CHISOXFAN13
05-01-2003, 02:47 PM
I agree with Kermit. Our whole line up sucks, so why move Frank?

34 Inch Stick
05-01-2003, 03:07 PM
While it's not my thread, I think the point of this thread is not the LOGIC of moving Frank down, but whether Jerry is too intimidated to do it. Go debate the logic somewhere else.

If he is too intimidated to make the move then he should not be the manager of this team.

ShoelessFred
05-01-2003, 03:30 PM
EXACTLY stick!!! it's not whether he is moved down or not, it's what jerry said when asked the question. ACTUALLY LOOK AT THAT RESPONSE. we can debate moving him in the line up till the cows come home. but what can't be debated is jerry manuel having no balls.

Lip Man 1
05-01-2003, 03:42 PM
based on his personality and style I'd say Manuel isn't a "manager" in the truest sense of the word...he's a consensus builder. He's the type of guy who wants input from everybody before making a decision. That's reflected in his desire to use and to keep happy all 25 players on a roster.

Just something to consider.

Lip

voodoochile
05-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
based on his personality and style I'd say Manuel isn't a "manager" in the truest sense of the word...he's a consensus builder. He's the type of guy who wants input from everybody before making a decision. That's reflected in his desire to use and to keep happy all 25 players on a roster.

Just something to consider.

Lip

The sooner he is fired, the sooner he can get to his true calling as ethics professor or minister.

The Sox would be doing the guy a favor...