PDA

View Full Version : This Is The Same Looking Team As Last Year

ChiSoxBobette
04-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Last year we heard about a team that was going to come around - the hitting, the pitching. This year thats all we've heard from manuel when this team starts to do this & that. Well when jerry when. The White Sox are in for a very disappointing season if Reinsdorf & Williams sticks with this manager & his coaching staff. THIS IS TURNING INTO A JOKE!When/If the hitting starts to come around we'll probably going to see the pitching go all to hell.
While its still early in this season get rid of manuel & this staff!
:angry: :angry: :angry:

GO WHITE SOX!

Lip Man 1
04-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Bob:

That's because the Sox still have the same field manager, the same general manager and most importantly the same owner. (They also have a smaller payroll then last season but who's quibbling!)

Just wondering how many "can't miss kids" the Sox will get for Colon and maybe Lee in 90 days.

Lip

baggio202
04-30-2003, 10:33 PM
looks more like the '01 team to me....but point well taken..things havent changed much

Hangar18
05-01-2003, 08:35 AM
I wonder who Colon Gets traded to in July? man, Im really startting to get sick of this team, the Management. Why cant we Behave like a Championship Organization?

Hullett_Fan
05-01-2003, 09:30 AM
I don't forsee any 'white flag trades'... as 80 to 85 wins might be enough to win this lousy division and that's what we're on pace for.

But, yes, this offense is a bore to watch. A bunch of hacks at the plate. My lineup...

1) Willie Harris CF
2) Crede 3B
3) Ordonez RF
4) Thomas DH
5) Lee LF
6) Konerko 1B
7) Jimenez 2B
8) Valentin SS
9) Olivo C

All for tinkering when the ENTIRE frigging offense isn't doing squat.( :angry: )

Of course we could make some trades...how about getting Hillenbrand or Lowell (send Crede back to AAA)? Or, Beltran when KC's ready to dump him? Give up the Charlotte roster for Brian Giles (if he comes off the DL @ 100%).

Trade for anyone as long as they're a professional (read: smart) hitter...something this team sorely lacks.

Dan H
05-01-2003, 09:33 AM
Remember 2000? The White Sox didn't want to be called kids anymore. Many of the core of the Sox have been together for some time. Thomas, Valentin, Ordonez, Lee, and Konerko are no strangers to each other. So it is about time to let go of the excuses. This team is not all young players, and injuries are not a problem now. We have to ask ourselves if the high expectations of this team are warranted. In my opinion, they aren't. The Sox need to show their fans that they are. Because since mid 2000, this team hasn't shown much. Just over .500 is what turns Cubs fans on.