PDA

View Full Version : JM twice in one week?

WhiteSoxWinner
04-30-2003, 09:17 PM
OMG!!! JM got off the bench again to argue (kind of). He got the game stopped due to the fog after Mags lost a ball in the soup. Looks like that Bears game years ago when you couldn't see through the snow.

Jjav829
04-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
OMG!!! JM got off the bench again to argue (kind of). He got the game stopped due to the fog after Mags lost a ball in the soup. Looks like that Bears game years ago when you couldn't see through the snow.

Smart move by Manuel. Lets pray for a long fog delay followed by a nice rain out! The last thing we need is for the game to start back up again.

balboner
04-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Too little, too late as far as I'm concerned. They should have never been playing out there in this fog. We're gonna lose this game cause of that pop fly now. It also would have been nice if Frank could have hit a fly ball instead of the 500th double play by the sox this season.

WhiteSoxWinner
04-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Well, maybe they should have played and saved us from this brutal Best Damn Sports Show Period interview with Shamme. Talk about an @ss licking society, Tom Arnold just said he likes the way Shamme talks. Are you kidding me? Pucker up Tom.

Blueprint1
04-30-2003, 09:27 PM
the name of that show should become "Most annoying show ever" now the Kruck is off that show they don't have one person on there that knows a darn thing about sports. You have John Sally who always says, "But did he win a Championship?" to every singe person. Ehh i hate that show so much i wish it would go off the air. They don't only kiss Sammys ass but every single person that goes on the show. how did Tom Arnold get a sports show he couldnt even keep a sitcom on the air?

HawkDJ
04-30-2003, 09:31 PM
We have two innings to just hit a fly ball and maybe get a triple out of it but of course all we do is strikeout and hit ground balls.

Viva Magglio
04-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Smart move by Manuel. Lets pray for a long fog delay followed by a nice rain out! The last thing we need is for the game to start back up again.

It was a smart move by Manuel, but he should have done it between innings. You can tell that when we were batting in the bottom of the 4th, the fog was coming back and getting worse. Manuel should have realized what was happening and gone to the crew chief at that time. I know it sounds like a picky criticism of Manuel, but smarter managers would have not waited until we were down 1-0 on a flyball that only God could see.

Jjav829
04-30-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
It was a smart move by Manuel, but he should have done it between innings. You can tell that when we were batting in the bottom of the 4th, the fog was coming back and getting worse. Manuel should have realized what was happening and gone to the crew chief at that time. I know it sounds like a picky criticism of Manuel, but smarter managers would have not waited until we were down 1-0 on a flyball that only God could see.

I am not gonna criticize Manuel for that. I suspect that most managers would have done it exactly the same way. Manuel was not in the OF fielding fly balls so he had no clue how hard it really was to see until Maggs could not find that ball.

voodoochile
04-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I am not gonna criticize Manuel for that. I suspect that most managers would have done it exactly the same way. Manuel was not in the OF fielding fly balls so he had no clue how hard it really was to see until Maggs could not find that ball.

Could Jerry see Maggs? I have to agree with the other posters who say JM came out too late. The A's didn't wait until something bad happened to make a case. They made it. The umps said, "No" and then stopped the game at the next 1/2-inning (first delay), but they at least tried. Meanwhile on the southside, the manager doesn't know enough to make a case before the popup falls for a triple and the players don't go to the manager soon enough to prevent it either. It's like the team is waiting for something bad to happen instead of trying to make something good happen. That inertia, lethargy, ennui or whatever you want to call it falls squarely on one man's shoulders and that man is Jerry Manuel...

Jjav829
05-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Could Jerry see Maggs? I have to agree with the other posters who say JM came out too late. The A's didn't wait until something bad happened to make a case. They made it. The umps said, "No" and then stopped the game at the next 1/2-inning (first delay), but they at least tried. Meanwhile on the southside, the manager doesn't know enough to make a case before the popup falls for a triple and the players don't go to the manager soon enough to prevent it either. It's like the team is waiting for something bad to happen instead of trying to make something good happen. That inertia, lethargy, ennui or whatever you want to call it falls squarely on one man's shoulders and that man is Jerry Manuel...

Criticize Maggs all you want for not letting them know but you simply don't know unless you are the one experiencing it. I am not going to fall into this cycle of so many others where I blame Manuel for everything. Not everything it his fault. Also seeing a player in the OF, and picking up a ball high up are two different things.

The point was also made in the chat that there is a rule that the manager can't appeal for a suspension of play until there is a play that the weather interfers with. I don't know whether or not this rule exists but if it does perhaps the person who brought it up would care to explain (I won't name names).