PDA

View Full Version : D'Angelo Jimenez's average.....

MHOUSE
04-30-2003, 08:25 AM
.....is quickly dropping. Jimenez has been 0efer in 7 of the last eight games. This might be a big reason that our offense is struggling. There's nobody on base for the big guys to drive in. We were stranding runners in bunches before, but now there's hardly anyone on base at all. He had a blistering start and he was awesome, but he's gone cold. I hope he gets out of it and starts smoking the ball again. At least his defense is more consistent.

I got his stats on espn.com:
D'Angelo's stats (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/gamelog?statsId=6360)

hold2dibber
04-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
.....is quickly dropping. Jimenez has been 0efer in 7 of the last eight games. This might be a big reason that our offense is struggling. There's nobody on base for the big guys to drive in. We were stranding runners in bunches before, but now there's hardly anyone on base at all. He had a blistering start and he was awesome, but he's gone cold. I hope he gets out of it and starts smoking the ball again. At least his defense is more consistent.

I got his stats on espn.com:
D'Angelo's stats (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/gamelog?statsId=6360)

Jimenez has cooled off, but that's just one of the many offensive black holes plaguing the Sox. Frank is still getting on base a ton and Jose has been good, but Maggs, PK and Crede still aren't firing on all cylanders. If you would have told me before the season that Esteban Loazia was going to be the best starting pitcher in baseball in April and that Josh Stewart would post a sub-4.00 ERA, I would have guessed that the Sox would have 17 or 18 wins by now. But the offense has been so lousy that the pitching staff can't give up more than 1 or 2 runs to get a W lately.

MHOUSE
04-30-2003, 08:50 PM
He's benched tonight in favor of Graffy. Could it be because of his 0efer streak? Graffy is playing well also so it all sounds good to me.

jeremyb1
04-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Jimenez has cooled off, but that's just one of the many offensive black holes plaguing the Sox. Frank is still getting on base a ton and Jose has been good, but Maggs, PK and Crede still aren't firing on all cylanders. If you would have told me before the season that Esteban Loazia was going to be the best starting pitcher in baseball in April and that Josh Stewart would post a sub-4.00 ERA, I would have guessed that the Sox would have 17 or 18 wins by now. But the offense has been so lousy that the pitching staff can't give up more than 1 or 2 runs to get a W lately.

don't forget about how frequently the pen has coughed up leads...

TheBigHurt
04-30-2003, 11:06 PM
WELL if your not happy with Jimenez theres always this guy, I think his name is Wee Wee Willie....I am not saying that I am not happy with Jiminez becuase I am happy with him

HOPE that made sense......CAUSE it didnt for me

BE GOOD

MHOUSE
04-30-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
WELL if your not happy with Jimenez theres always this guy, I think his name is Wee Wee Willie....I am not saying that I am not happy with Jiminez becuase I am happy with him

HOPE that made sense......CAUSE it didnt for me

BE GOOD

LOL it made enough sense for me. I think D'Ang will turn it back on, but I'd like to see Wee Wee Willie again as well. Maybe when Jose leaves then D'Ang can play SS and Harris can go to 2B. A new era will begin!

ShoelessFred
04-30-2003, 11:16 PM
with jimenez and valentine (when he was really hot at the beginning of the season) getting on base, the team should have scored ALOT of runs. but with thomas, ordonez, konerko, lee, crede, olivo, rowand and others not hitting the team has just been very stale

34 Inch Stick
05-01-2003, 09:34 AM
Hurt I couldn't agree with you more. I think now is a perfect time to bring Willie up. I think Rowand needs to be moved down to work on his swing. He looks lost. Willie can platoon in center with Rios and spell Jimenez at second.