PDA

View Full Version : Finally get to see the Sox today!

Bisco Stu
04-29-2003, 11:18 AM
A's game is on local TV. Can't wait to see the "Cell," Hurt, Ghandi, Colon in a good uniform and the rest of the guys. Thursday game is on too, for all you Bay Area fans.

Hangar18
04-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Thats awesome getting out-of-town fans perspectives on the Sox.
Nephew wants to go to the game bad, said wants to see Colon Pitch, so of course, Though im going on Wednesday and Friday already, who am I to tell the kid no, I cant make it? Going tonite too. hear that Voodoo? Wilkes?

JustJim35
04-29-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Thats awesome getting out-of-town fans perspectives on the Sox.
Nephew wants to go to the game bad, said wants to see Colon Pitch, so of course, Though im going on Wednesday and Friday already, who am I to tell the kid no, I cant make it? Going tonite too. hear that Voodoo? Wilkes?

I think we're going to try for seats near Steff, but call Wilkes or if the kid is of age, meet us at Jimbo's after 5:30.

czalgosz
04-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
A's game is on local TV. Can't wait to see the "Cell," Hurt, Ghandi, Colon in a good uniform and the rest of the guys. Thursday game is on too, for all you Bay Area fans.

Gotta get Directtv. It's worth it. It's such a luxury to be able to watch most of the games, and flipping to watch the Royals and Twins games is just a bonus.

A.T. Money
04-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Gotta get Directtv. It's worth it. It's such a luxury to be able to watch most of the games, and flipping to watch the Royals and Twins games is just a bonus.

If the Royals and Twins are even on TV! Usually you have to catch them during the opposing team's telecasts. The Royals seem to never be on TV unless you catch them on the other team's cast. Lame.

whitesoxwilkes
04-29-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JustJim35
I think we're going to try for seats near Steff, but call Wilkes or if the kid is of age, meet us at Jimbo's after 5:30.

Voodoo..is that you incognito?

Jjav829
04-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Voodoo..is that you incognito?

Hes gone now, but yes that is voodoo's other name.

czalgosz
04-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
If the Royals and Twins are even on TV! Usually you have to catch them during the opposing team's telecasts. The Royals seem to never be on TV unless you catch them on the other team's cast. Lame.

That has entirely to do with local TV contracts - some of them explicitly forbid out-of-market broadcasts. If it were up to DirecTV, they would have every MLB game on their package.

Thankfully, only WCIU forbids their Sox telecasts to be out-of-market, so only a small number of Sox broadcasts are affected.

South Sider
04-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Men...You guys are lucky !

The only live game from the Sox I'll probably see is the ESPN Sunday night game vs Seattle this weekend :angry:

Our cable provider here in Germany just carries the sunday night games until the basketball and hockey playoffs are over !!!!
:angry: :angry:

Makes no sense to you ????
To me either !!!

I am just lucky that there is a company in Europe who are authorized to sell Baseball games. So I will see around 20 games from the Sox this season ( about 1-2 weeks after they played the game)

If there is anybody out there who tape the Sox games I would be so so happy if you would contact me :)

My e-mail adress is: WhiteSox1@t-online.de
A very cool e-mail adress I suggest !!!!

I am also desperatly looking for Sox games on tape from their fantastic 2000 season.

Is there anybody out there who can help me out ?????

steff
04-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by JustJim35

In case Mike didn't let you guys know, we're sitting in 142 tonight. Him and Kris are sitting near us as far as I know (we have one extra ticket if you guys want to rotate.. LOL) Scored some sweet seats behind the dugout (look for me on TV... :D: ). We'll have a youngin with us tonight so no bar for us.

TheBigHurt
04-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Hes gone now, but yes that is voodoo's other name.
:?: