PDA

View Full Version : Rest In Peace, Ozzy

Fisk72
04-28-2003, 10:51 PM
I didn't see a post about today's passing of Ozzy the Osprey. Ryu, the minor league Flub got demoted to the Lansing Lugnuts. Perhaps we'll have to make a trip out to a Cougars game to give him a proper booing.

http://espn.go.com/minorlbb/news/2003/0428/1546152.html

TheBigHurt
04-28-2003, 11:00 PM
....... :whiner:

TornLabrum
04-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Why do I have the feeling that the demotion was a way to get him out of Florida to avoid prosecution?

Daver
04-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Why do I have the feeling that the demotion was a way to get him out of Florida to avoid prosecution?

He'll still have to face prosecution,he is not avoiding that,it is a federal charge to harm a protected species.

pearso66
04-29-2003, 01:03 AM
I may have to go heckle him, unfortunately this is the last week of classes, I will be coming home for the summer on Friday. I don't think I can find time to go. But it was a good thought since Oldsmobile park is less than 5 min from campus. (Lansing Lugnuts home field)

SaltyPretzel
04-29-2003, 04:55 PM
The bird must have been timing their pitches.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
The bird must have been timing their pitches.

Well in that case the beaning was totally justified. This obviously explains why Ryu is in the Cubs organization, too.

:lynch&mcfail
"We're pleased to announce our #1 prick... umm, err... I mean PICK in this year's draft is Jae Kuk Ryu."

:smile:

FanOf14
04-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by daver
He'll still have to face prosecution,he is not avoiding that,it is a federal charge to harm a protected species.

Could his visa (or whatever it is players from another country need to play here) be in jeopardy if he is found guilty of a federal offense? (Not sure how that all works with ball players.)

Daver
04-29-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Could his visa (or whatever it is players from another country need to play here) be in jeopardy if he is found guilty of a federal offense? (Not sure how that all works with ball players.)

Yes it can,if the court chooses to they can recomend that his visa be revoked,that would put his fate in the hands of the INS.

calebhatesyou
04-29-2003, 09:08 PM
this whole happening is yet another piece of evidence to prove how evil the cubune empire can be on the most base of levels.

Vsahajpal
04-30-2003, 07:02 AM
Federal offense? According to their law it was a second degree misdemeanor.

Ospreys are a protected species under the federal migratory bird act.. Anyone who attempts to "kill, injure or molest" an osprey can be charged with a second-degree misdemeanor and face a fine of up to $500 and 60 days in jail.

Lt. Bill Hightower, an investigator for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, said he plans on filing the formal papers in criminal court within the next two days against Ryu, who was charged with the misdemeanor last week before leaving for Michigan....

FWC spokeswoman Joy Hill said her organization contacted the Chicago Cubs, who put them in touch with Ryu's interpreter. The parties met in Sanford. Rue will appear before a Volusia County court at a later date to face charges that carry a maximum penalty of a $500 fine and 60 days in jail.

Hangar18
04-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Because RYU is a Cub, the Tribune and most of the Media will
Sweep this under the Carpet. Reporting this will hurt their image as Lovable. So far, this team has a guy who Maimed someone (christiansen) a guy who told a team he wasnt signing, he needed 10million (prior), a guy who needed millions to sign (hill)
and now a guy who Kills Animals. nice.

WhiteSoxWinner
04-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
Perhaps we'll have to make a trip out to a Cougars game to give him a proper booing.

Ozzy Cougar (The KC Cougar's Mascot) should look out, too. This guy apparently has a thing for beaning animals.

Daver
04-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Federal offense? According to their law it was a second degree misdemeanor.

Ospreys are a protected species under the federal migratory bird act.. Anyone who attempts to "kill, injure or molest" an osprey can be charged with a second-degree misdemeanor and face a fine of up to $500 and 60 days in jail.

Lt. Bill Hightower, an investigator for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, said he plans on filing the formal papers in criminal court within the next two days against Ryu, who was charged with the misdemeanor last week before leaving for Michigan....

FWC spokeswoman Joy Hill said her organization contacted the Chicago Cubs, who put them in touch with Ryu's interpreter. The parties met in Sanford. Rue will appear before a Volusia County court at a later date to face charges that carry a maximum penalty of a $500 fine and 60 days in jail.

It is still a federal charge,and it can affect his visa status,should the judge see fit to do that.