PDA

View Full Version : Sweep the A's

MetalliSox
04-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Piece of cake series coming up for the Sox. We're facing 3 young pitchers who have only been in the MLB for a few years. Some dudes named Zito...the guy from X-files, and Hudson...oh wait.

czalgosz
04-28-2003, 06:50 PM
The Sox shouldn't see Hudson in this series- he just pitched yesterday.

It'll be Zito, Mulder, and probably Halama. The A's could go with Lilly on Thursday, but Halama just missed a no-hitter on Saturday, and I think they'll try to go with the hot hand.

GASHWOUND
04-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
The Sox shouldn't see Hudson in this series- he just pitched yesterday.

It'll be Zito, Mulder, and probably Halama. The A's could go with Lilly on Thursday, but Halama just missed a no-hitter on Saturday, and I think they'll try to go with the hot hand.

Still, an easy task for our WhiteSock...
I think we may see some special things this coming week... :gulp: :gulp: :lsox :ass :XL

TheBigHurt
04-28-2003, 07:33 PM
LETS :sweep the A's of Oaklando

GO Gar-Boy:jon
TINKER-ROO dont make me say this again: :firejerry

:) :gulp:

jortafan
04-28-2003, 08:56 PM
You people forgot the other half, probably the more important part. We need the Red Sox (the fake Sox) to sweep the Royals.

Seriously, I'd settle for the White Sox taking two of three from Oakland, then two of three from Seattle.

konerkopeachy
04-28-2003, 10:44 PM
If you've ever been to the Oakland A's site....

....ever notice how everyone's picture is incredibly bad? i find Halama's to be the most amusing.

I wonder how many times Mark Mulder has been asked "where Scully is" to this date.

lowesox
04-28-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
You people forgot the other half, probably the more important part. We need the Red Sox (the fake Sox) to sweep the Royals.

Seriously, I'd settle for the White Sox taking two of three from Oakland, then two of three from Seattle.

Yeah, that'd be nice. But I'd settle for a .500 over that stretch.

chisox06
04-28-2003, 11:00 PM
A big 2 series for the sox comin up. Especially after last year when the sox got there ass handed to em by the entire west coast. I dont know about you guys but Im gonna use these next 6 games as a gauge on how good the sox really are this year.

Konerkoholic
04-28-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by jortafan

I don't think we have to worry about the Royals when they play most teams outside the AL Central. I guarantee they go on a steady losing streak for at least the next couple of weeks against the AL East. As for us, taking two of three in each series would be tremendous, and the only way to do it is to get the offense going. That means Frank, Maggs, Konerko, and Lee all have to hit.

MRKARNO
04-28-2003, 11:22 PM
As I see it, we only face Zito Mulder and Hudson one time a piece with Lily seeing us twice

34 Inch Stick
04-29-2003, 09:11 AM
These are going to be some great pitching matchups with Zito facing Colon and Mulder facing Buhrle.

Hangar18
04-29-2003, 10:25 AM
A Sweep would/could do Wonders for this team. if they were to go 6-0 right now, That Alone Would be the Turning Point for this team (much like that 8-0 run they did in 2000 Cleve/NY)
This team would believe in themselves.