PDA

View Full Version : Potential Turning Point On Sunday?

Procol Harum
04-28-2003, 01:55 PM
After looking so impotent on Friday night against Cy Mays, the Sox were able to resurrect themselves big-time by winning the Series. While I'm by no means ready to proclaim them World Series material, I think there's a possibility that we're on the cusp of a potential turning point in the 2003 season in the Al Central. The fact that the Sox were able to come back from the dead--particularly by virtue of beating the Twinks at their own game on Sunday (the explosion of the Twins' defense, the Sox actually able to manufacture some runs, etc.)--at the same time the on-a-roll Royals suddenly blew a big lead in a game they seemingly had won and actually lost a series (!), just might make for some very positive sports psychology in our favor.

No doubt the next two weeks against the A's and M's will be big in deciding what the Sox will do in 2003.

34 Inch Stick
04-28-2003, 02:12 PM
Not to mention that the guy who I thought had no stones lead by example by hitting their chief instigator and protecting his teammates.

I think everyone has a new found respect for Garland now. We may see this as the turning point of his career (don't hold me to that).

valposoxfan
04-28-2003, 02:14 PM
There is no doubt that this team is resilient. I mean they came off that emotional loss in game one of the KC series and won the series and snapped an embarrassing three game losing streak by winning the MIN series. However, I'm not yet sold on the fact that they have reached a turning point. However, winning 4 of their next six will help me start believing a little bit..... :smile:

SoxxoS
04-28-2003, 03:01 PM
Seattle is overrated as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully we can take it to them and split with the A's.

South Sider
04-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
However, winning 4 of their next six will help me start believing a little bit..... :smile:

Yeah....I agree a lot.

If they win 4 of 6 and then maybe 3 of 6 on the west coast
we might have a real contender for the lowly Central Division.

But I still have some doubts that they will win 7 of the next 12 games !!!!

Why ???

Because the pitching and defense won the last 2 games for us.

But that might not be enough vs the west coast teams.

What we desperate need is patience at the plate, situational hitting , some speed on the bases

A N D S O M E O F T H E M A G I C W E H A D I N
J U N E 2 0 0 0 ! ! ! !

GO SOX

TheBigHurt
04-28-2003, 04:03 PM
WELL lets hope this is a turning point.......THEN again anytime Estbeban pitches it is

BE GOOD

TheBigHurt
04-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Seattle is overrated as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully we can take it to them and split with the A's.

WE can't split with the A's of Oaklando :)

BE GOOD