PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else notice...

PaleHoseGeorge
08-18-2001, 01:59 PM
...Manuel has Josh Paul starting and hitting #9 today? What's next, activate Harold Baines and recall Julio Ramirez, too?

I need at least the whole winter to get over how much this trio sucked last April and May.

"We made the '01 Sox what they are today--mediocre!"
:versatile :gun :harold

"Don't count me. I've been getting chocolate-dipped cones from Uncle Jerry all season!"
:hitless

Jerry_Manuel
08-18-2001, 02:03 PM
George check my Sox drawer Harold wants to play again this year and beyond!

FarWestChicago
08-18-2001, 02:05 PM
I need at least the whole winter to get over how much this trio sucked last April and May.

I'll never forget sitting at the A's game with Ode and the scoreboard showing Julio batting .089 and Royce on deck at .101. It was embarassing. We were lucky we were surrounded by rather polite A's fans. I could have gotten shredded for wearing a Sox hat.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-18-2001, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
George check my Sox drawer Harold wants to play again this year and beyond!

Yes, I saw that. Isn't it just pathetic. I know Harold is a quiet and decent fellow, but can he really be this dense? This is the biggest case of denial I've seen this side of Jaime's "I can't do it myself with a 9.00 ERA" comment back in '99."

"Hey I can't hit for the guys, and 2 or 3 runs isn't going to do it!"
:jaime

Jerry_Manuel
08-18-2001, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Yes, I saw that. Isn't it just pathetic. I know Harold is a quiet and decent fellow, but can he really be this dense?

He just wants the 3,000 hits. I just cannot see any team signing him for next year. How can you justify having a 43 year old DH? He better not be on this team next year, Williams cannot be that dumb.

Daver
08-18-2001, 02:23 PM
I'd love too see Harold in a White Sox uniform next year,as Waving Wally's replacement at third base coach.

Pete Ward
08-18-2001, 02:28 PM
Anybody want to bet that HarOLD is added to the roster after Sept 1st?

Another bet... Canseco traded by Aug 31st to make room for Leifer and Borchard to get AB's in Sept

:luis&nell

^ A couple of studs ... man do we need them now!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-18-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by daver
I'd love too see Harold in a White Sox uniform next year,as Waving Wally's replacement at third base coach.

No way Harold gets 3,000 hits, not next year or even the year after that. He's through because nobody needs a circumspect DH that much.

I wouldn't mind Harold on Jerry Manuel's coaching staff however I would make him firstbase coach rather than thirdbase. Wavin' Wally has real responsibility at 3B and as bad as he has been this year, Gary Pettis at 1B has been even worse!

Did anybody else see Pettis holding a team meeting in the dugout with his 3 outfielders after all the gaffes last night? That was pretty funny. What do you suppose he told them? "Maggs, Carlos, when you hear Aaron yelling, you peel off the ball, okay?" LMAO!

Pettis has done wonders for our basestealing and baserunning, too (gag wretch). He's got to go! Good ol' #3 can't do any worse.

"I can wave to the fans from first base same as Billy Williams."
:harold

czalgosz
08-18-2001, 03:08 PM
I like the idea of a guy who at least knows the theory of the stolen base as first-base coach, though... Harold was about the worst baserunner I ever saw. Back in the day, he could run in the outfield, but even before his knees went bad, he had zero instincts on the basepaths.

Hey, Carlos hit a homer!