PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fire Ballgirls


Viva Magglio
04-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Because security guards now sit along the foul lines in the outfield, the White Sox have dismissed the ballgirls that used to be there. Some will probably use this as an opportunity to bash the organization, yet a lot of these very same people were probably the first in line to bash the organization over what they believed was a lack of security to begin with.

voodoochile
04-28-2003, 12:38 PM
What should they do, pay people to do nothing? There isn't a business in the world that would do that, period.

If a company replaces the female receptionist with a trained security guard who can answer phones, should they pay the receptionist anyway?

This should be a non-issue...

Hangar18
04-28-2003, 12:47 PM
This didnt necessarily BOTHER me one way or the other, but What REALLY REALLY BOTHERS ME, is that the Sox Only did this out of Reaction to the Media Bashing the Sox were getting. Media was painting Comiskey like it was "unsafe", "out of control" and such. that really sucks, because people everywhere read that. I had a friend in Cleveland read how AP picked up the story and he was like "wow, you sox fans cant control yourselves? you guys must really drink too much (responding to Reinsdorks comments about it being a saloon in the 70's)
I told him he was wrong, sox fans dont do that (which he agreed sox fans seem very intelligent whenever hes in town to watch his Tribe w me) I remarked that Cub fans were the ones that ran the field, but the Media Neglected to point that out. Sox put guards out there just to quiet everyone. Which STILL WONT SOLVE THE "PROBLEM". it was an isolated incident, which was the first nice day of the year, and the cubs also being in town. THats all. didnt help the media earlier in the Day Also Ran Stories about KC's 1st visit, and what do the think being back at
"scene fo the crime", what will "sox fans do next?". Baiting the crowd is all the Media did. Checking Tickets ISNT the problem.
That will not stop people running the field. Neither will Stiff Penalties. We just have to make it "Not Cool" to do that.

dllrbll7
04-28-2003, 02:57 PM
When i was at the game they had 6 security guards up and down each side of the field inbetween inninngs. i think those 12 guards will stop someone inbetween inninngs but noone runs on the field inbetween inninngs.

TheBigHurt
04-28-2003, 05:21 PM
THAT sucks.....A little of the topic.....MY sister was recently "fired" from the Islanders Ice Girl's.....EVEN though she'll be back next yr.....SHE needs to learn how to skate. AND i am teaching her, since ive won Skater of the yr in Elem. School....I was WhooooooooHoooooooooing all dam knight :gulp:

Hangar18
04-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
When i was at the game they had 6 security guards up and down each side of the field inbetween inninngs. i think those 12 guards will stop someone inbetween inninngs but noone runs on the field inbetween inninngs.

Thats the big joke. They line the guards up as a show of force.
For what? Noone runs the field between Innings. If theyre truly serious about stopping this, they should dig about 6 small "fox" holes, big enough for a security guy to Lie Down In. He will wear a Suit that is made of Natural Grass, so that he doesnt interfere with the Game, and would be "part of the field". this way, they'll be the first people to chase anyone down. They'll already be on the Field. **** OR ********
Lets Start training these security Guys to be UMPIRES. They can really earn their keep by ALREADY BEING ON THE FIELD. Lord knows these other umps arent doing their jobs by Blowing Calls. In one week, theyve missed 2 easy calls already aagianst the Sox

steff
04-28-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Thats the big joke. They line the guards up as a show of force.
For what? Noone runs the field between Innings. If theyre truly serious about stopping this, they should dig about 6 small "fox" holes, big enough for a security guy to Lie Down In. He will wear a Suit that is made of Natural Grass, so that he doesnt interfere with the Game, and would be "part of the field". this way, they'll be the first people to chase anyone down. They'll already be on the Field. **** OR ********
Lets Start training these security Guys to be UMPIRES. They can really earn their keep by ALREADY BEING ON THE FIELD. Lord knows these other umps arent doing their jobs by Blowing Calls. In one week, theyve missed 2 easy calls already aagianst the Sox


H... are you being serious with all this BS posting the past week..?

MetalliSox
04-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Because security guards now sit along the foul lines in the outfield, the White Sox have dismissed the ballgirls that used to be there. Some will probably use this as an opportunity to bash the organization, yet a lot of these very same people were probably the first in line to bash the organization over what they believed was a lack of security to begin with.

Some of them girls could get jobs at strip joints and make plenty of money. Yeehaw!

Fridaythe13thJason
04-28-2003, 08:31 PM
That was probably the least necessary addition to this post.

soxrme
04-29-2003, 01:10 PM
Just another public relations disaster by the always pc Gallas and JR. A few morons run on the field lets fire the little people.

steff
04-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
Just another public relations disaster by the always pc Gallas and JR. A few morons run on the field lets fire the little people.


IMO, they shouldn't be there anyway. Besides that.. is there any confirmation that they are actually paid. Most of them 3 years ago were relatives of execs.

Hangar18
04-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
IMO, they shouldn't be there anyway. Besides that.. is there any confirmation that they are actually paid. Most of them 3 years ago were relatives of execs.

good point...I dont think they are paid

Kilroy
04-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by steff3603



H... are you being serious with all this BS posting the past week..?

I've been wondering the same thing. Just a bunch of off-the-wall crap that doesn't seem normal for Hangar.


Originally posted by Hangar18


good point...I dont think they are paid

They were paid. North interviewed one of the dismissed ladies yesterday. North wanted to rip the Sox for it, but the gal told him that she was told that MLB had a hand in it, and that the Sox have been good to her for 9 years, so she believes them.

jortafan
04-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
but the gal told him that she was told that MLB had a hand in it, and that the Sox have been good to her for 9 years, so she believes them.

While it's always possible that the White Sox management distorted the truth when dismissing the woman, I'm inclined to believe her. Kicking ballgirls off the field as part of a general directive to keep non-essential personnel off the field strikes me as being particularly Selig-ian.

Bud's a twit. I'm eagerly counting down the days until he leaves the commissioner's post in '06.

Hangar18
04-29-2003, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kilroy
[B]I've been wondering the same thing. Just a bunch of off-the-wall crap that doesn't seem normal for Hangar.

I meant to repond to Steff lighting me up for those "Grass Suit" comments haha. I was actually TRYING to sound Ridiculous, to bring a point to how ridiculous the Sox were being by believing what the Media was Reporting/Printing about Sox Fans. That were a bunch of Dirty Folk, ready and willling to Run The Field whenever the Chance Appears. Putting Guards on the Field
only takes away from guards in the stands, and elsewhere in the park. There is no Danger. Its all Media-Driven. Dont Believe The Hype. All the Media has done now has made it so the Sox Segregate Fans by Class and Section now. WHat are they going to do next? Put BarCodes on our wrists ?? (llike in bars to prove you paid admission)

HURT35
04-29-2003, 02:52 PM
I heard North yesterday (as I was flipping stations during commercials on Dahl's show-the only time I catch anything that moron says) try to insinuate that this is another PR disaster for the White Sox. Does any body really care about the ball girls getting fired? Never want to see any one lose a job, but what are we talking about here, 81 games *3-4 hours of work max= 240-300 ish hours. I don't think the Sox are taking food off anyone's table, while trying to address a security issue. It seems like some people aren't happy unless they are bitching about something.

Daver
04-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by HURT35
I heard North yesterday (as I was flipping stations during commercials on Dahl's show-the only time I catch anything that moron says) try to insinuate that this is another PR disaster for the White Sox. Does any body really care about the ball girls getting fired? Never want to see any one lose a job, but what are we talking about here, 81 games *3-4 hours of work max= 240-300 ish hours. I don't think the Sox are taking food off anyone's table, while trying to address a security issue. It seems like some people aren't happy unless they are bitching about something.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

steff
04-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
While it's always possible that the White Sox management distorted the truth when dismissing the woman, I'm inclined to believe her. Kicking ballgirls off the field as part of a general directive to keep non-essential personnel off the field strikes me as being particularly Selig-ian.

Bud's a twit. I'm eagerly counting down the days until he leaves the commissioner's post in '06.

Personally.. I don't think Bud had anything to do with this. I doubt this was/is high on his priority list. I'm sure it was something decided on by the security team and not Bud himself.
On a side note.. I've met him and I don't think he's a twit. Hellofa fan.. and passionate to a fault. But not a twit.

Hangar18
04-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Personally.. I don't think Bud had anything to do with this. I doubt this was/is high on his priority list. I'm sure it was something decided on by the security team and not Bud himself.
On a side note.. I've met him and I don't think he's a twit. Hellofa fan.. and passionate to a fault. But not a twit.

Steff! you met Selig? Man, I would Love to Meet him and try to clear up a slew of "misconceptions" I have about him. Think Id start by telling him his actions have prevented a certain cub player from becoming a Twin. I wouldve asked why he thought it was Imperative that the then new NL team decided on its own It wanted to be placed in the NL, and not the AL, where it was slated. I would ask him what happened to that AL schedule that was mysteriously "lost" and see if I could get a copy of it. I would ask him if he thought it was a Conflict of Interest that he agrees with said team, and Decides to Move his "team" to the National League, a move that was supposed to be an act of baseball martyrdom, but was Really an Act of Selig Self Interest, something his Title should NEVER have been in position to make.
I would ask him how in the future years, how it will be "leaked"
out how there were so many improprieties in his office, how he will respond to these things. Will He be comfortable being known as a "Yes" man to reinsdorf, king george, the tribune, and
the other upper crust of baseball ownership? I wonder what he'd tell me. I would LOVE to have a drink and talk for hours about all of this with him.

Daver
04-29-2003, 04:37 PM
You forgot to mention the the clear conflict of interest that is MLB owning a franchise,as well as asking why he felt it nescasary to abolish the league presidents other than to grow his own power base.

Hangar18
04-29-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by daver
You forgot to mention the the clear conflict of interest that is MLB owning a franchise,as well as asking why he felt it nescasary to abolish the league presidents other than to grow his own power base.

Good One. I'd ask him that too. Id give you credit for the question daver....