PDA

View Full Version : Sox Concession Stands/BP Bar

Hangar18
04-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Was at the game Friday Nite. Dont want this to sound like a Complaint, but it is what it is.

#1. Why do the Concession Stands (between 1st and 3rd base)
have 1 slooooooow, old lady taking an order......then sloooooowly filling the order........then taking your money? I had to "HELP" a lady yesterday by telling her why dont they fill more than 1 cup of hot chocolate at a time??? its faster that way. she realized it was.
#2 Why dont they have 1 person in charge of taking money....
the other in charge of filling orders? They are WAY TOO SLOW for small crowds like that. I timed it. No way it should take 25 mins for 2 dang hot chocolates. pretty bad.
#3 Every Italian Sausage Ive ever had, comes on one of those Italian Rolls. well, now they suddenly are only served on hot dog buns? I asked why that is, they said they didnt know. There were Italian Rolls sitting on the side, I asked for one of those, they said NO, cant do that. $5 should get me choice of bun. oh well.
#4 why are there Brat Stands in CF, but No Grilled Onions there?

Hangar18
04-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Oh....and after the 2 run homer by the Twinkies that sealed their fate, in the 7th, we decided to go to the BP Bar and get a cold one. Well, they only had 3 bartenders working that really big bar
there in the center of the place. we waited, and waited
and waited. The game was ending, and we still hadnt been served when we decided to Get Beer at my house. No reason one should wait 3 innings for a beer.

alohafri
04-28-2003, 12:31 PM
As far as the concession stands go, they're hiring folks at minimum wage, and they are not Rocket Scientists...sometimes you get what you pay for.

At the Bullpen bar, the bartenders have to take care of the waitresses' orders first--the people sitting outside paid an extra $10 for the privilege, so they expect fast service...

:smile:

--Mrs. Aloha

steff
04-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Pre game there were 4 bartenders (Kelly, Denise, Mike and Rob). Post game there were 5 (those above and the other Kelly). I don't know why you had such a hard time. We never ever have an issue. But when it is busy you have to expect a wait. And just because you are inside and there are only 10 or 20 people.. remember there are 120 (when full) people on the outer deck and 75(when full) standing in the lower outer PB (Friday as cold as it was was pretty full). Those people are waited on by 4 waiters/waitresses and their orders come first. There are signs all over the bar area, "for faster service please place your order with a waiter/waitress".