PDA

View Full Version : Konerko sits 2 games vs Minn?

jabrch
04-28-2003, 10:47 AM
Why bench him for two games? I know he is slumping and I know they want to get Daubach some ABs, but isn't Konerko still your guy? They just signed him to a big deal in the offsesaon. You have to assume he will hit his way out of the slump, right?

Is there something I don't know about injurywise on Konerko?

cheeses_h_rice
04-28-2003, 10:49 AM
I think they're sending him a message (well deserved, I might add) -- play like a headcase, sit like a headcase.

czalgosz
04-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Also, the fact that the Sox will be facing three lefties in the upcoming A's series means that Daubach will be getting next to no PT this week.

voodoochile
04-28-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Why bench him for two games? I know he is slumping and I know they want to get Daubach some ABs, but isn't Konerko still your guy? They just signed him to a big deal in the offsesaon. You have to assume he will hit his way out of the slump, right?

Is there something I don't know about injurywise on Konerko?

Hey, Welcome Aboard! :)

Personally, it strikes me more as one of those - "You need to stop thinking about your job for a couple of days", things. Konerko has been struggling so much and he has clearly been letting it get to him. This allowed him to clear his head and just watch. I am sure it was starting to get cyclical - the lack of hitting weighs on his mind which effects his hitting which weighs on his mind which effects his hitting, etc. The three days off gives him a chance to get in the batters box and hit the baseball without it meaning an out or a missed opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if JM even told him he wouldn't pinch hit so come in his street clothes if he wanted...

Daver
04-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Hip dysplatia is a bitch.

jabrch
04-28-2003, 11:24 AM
and GO WHITE SOX

baggio202
04-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by daver

ive heard from a few proven sources he is hurting pretty bad right now

PaleHoseGeorge
04-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

ive heard from a few proven sources he is hurting pretty bad right now

We had better get him to the vet. Besides, we're low on Science Diet at the moment.

:smile:

HawkDJ
04-28-2003, 04:08 PM
According to the White Sox it is a hip problem for Konerko. Of course I'm not sure if that is the actual reason.

Daver
04-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

We had better get him to the vet. Besides, we're low on Science Diet at the moment.

No better time than to make the switch to IAMS.

:redneck

TheBigHurt
04-28-2003, 04:17 PM
No better time than to make the switch to IAMS.

:redneck

KIBBLES and bits are cheaper

BE GOOD

jabrch
04-28-2003, 04:31 PM

Hip dysplatia? If so, does Frank have Bordetella?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Hip dysplatia? If so, does Frank have Bordetella?

Frank has whooping cough?

Okay, you're going to have to explain that one to me. :?:

MHOUSE
04-28-2003, 07:33 PM
I would subscribe to the just watch the game and don't think about the game for a few days. Konerko has been in a slump and it's obviously getting to him. He seems to be really hard on himself, but once he starts hitting to all fields again and comes out of it then he'll be all right. No better time than now.

Daver
04-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I would subscribe to the just watch the game and don't think about the game for a few days. Konerko has been in a slump and it's obviously getting to him. He seems to be really hard on himself, but once he starts hitting to all fields again and comes out of it then he'll be all right. No better time than now.

Konerko has a chronic hip disorder similar to dysplatia,and it is bothering him right now,I know this for a fact.

jabrch
04-29-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Frank has whooping cough?

Okay, you're going to have to explain that one to me. :?:

I thought Hip Dysplatia was an illness only found in dogs (correct me if I am wrong...) that said, Bortadella (Kennell Cough) was a not-so-funny comparison.

:wh1tesox00

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2003, 08:38 AM
I thought Hip Dysplatia was an illness only found in dogs (correct me if I am wrong...) that said, Bortadella (Kennell Cough) was a not-so-funny comparison.

:wh1tesox00

Okay. Just checkin'.

FanOf14
04-29-2003, 07:13 PM
With this weather I wouldn't be surprised if it is acting up. Between my mom, dad and my sister who both have hip problems and my knee problems, we have all been reporting to each other that we are all hobbling around and hurtin'. In any sense, I think he needed to sit and I think Brian D really need to play. It worked out for the best, from what I can see. :smile: