PDA

View Full Version : What the Foulke?

Stoky44
04-28-2003, 09:55 AM
When we traded away Keith I was a bit upset because he was one of my favorite players on the sox. I always liked the fact that he seemed to sign autographs before every game.(I got him to sign this poster I made that said: "we are going to Foulke you up") Though I was a bit saddened and nervous about Keith leaving I thought we were getting a pretty good replacement, maybe even better (yet I was hesitant to admit that). Well I looked at the A's website today and compared our closers. Foulke has better stats in every category, except for wins where Koch has one. Keith even had more K's (he does have 1.1 more innings though). I just hope Billy turns it around. And I know as a fan I shouldn't say this but: I Foulke'n miss Keith!

KOCH #'s (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/team/cws_player_bio.jsp?club_context=cws&playerid=150477)

FOULKE #'s (http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/oak/team/oak_player_bio.jsp?club_context=oak&playerid=114342)

South Sider
04-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Oh yes......I miss Foulke, too

JUGGERNAUT
04-28-2003, 11:00 AM
to evaluate the 2. Wait until they get about 20 SV OPs under their belts.

Then we'll talk.

There is a legitimate concern though over Koch's velocity. It looks like he's lost a few mph on the fastball. We might have been dealt damaged goods.

alohafri
04-28-2003, 12:11 PM
I miss KF too. He was some delicious eye candy!!
~(-;

--Mrs. Aloha

Thunderstruck30
04-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
I always liked the fact that he seemed to sign autographs before every game.

Yeah I went to the Yankee game last year in late May. I saw Foulke signing autographs before the game and thought about getting one. However I didnt and Im glad I didnt. Foulke came into the game and blew a 3-1 lead.

baggio202
04-29-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Originally posted by Stoky44
I always liked the fact that he seemed to sign autographs before every game.

Yeah I went to the Yankee game last year in late May. I saw Foulke signing autographs before the game and thought about getting one. However I didnt and Im glad I didnt. Foulke came into the game and blew a 3-1 lead.

foulke was always great for the fans...sat with my son in the left field bleachers in '01...he was standing on the edge of the bullpen by the foul poll side and my son went down to talk to him..he asked for an autograph and kieth said that if he didnt pitch to wait till after the game...he didnt pitch as the sox lost :angry: so we down by the bullpen and waited...about 5 minutes went by and kieth came out with a pen and spent the next 45 minutes signing for kids..the ushers had to come down and kick us all out but while he was signing we talked a little about baseball and if he was going to sign a long term deal with us..was a real cool guy...