PDA

View Full Version : New Valentin' Quote

Lip Man 1
04-28-2003, 02:22 AM
"It was nice to see...it shows that he cares."--Jose Valentin on WGN's Instant Replay talking about the players reaction to Manager Gandhi's ejection.

Considering some of the points that Torn Labrum made in his new column, Valentin's comments are very eerie!

Do you think Jose' reads WSI?

Lip

SoxxoS
04-28-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Do you think Jose' reads WSI?

Lip

If he just would have called Manuel the Tinkerer, we would have known for sure :D:

Hangar18
04-28-2003, 12:39 PM
I really Do HOPE that Sox Players and Sox MGMT read this....
We make really good points here. And It Shows THE SOX CARE
if they do read our posts......

RKMeibalane
04-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I really Do HOPE that Sox Players and Sox MGMT read this....
We make really good points here. And It Shows THE SOX CARE
if they do read our posts......

It does show that they care. Frank Thomas is an example. The past few days, some of us have been intentionally making negative comments about him, in the hopes that he would somehow pick up on the negative vibes and go out there pissed off. It worked on Fruday and Saturday. It didn't work yesterday, but nothing seemed to work for the Sox offensively. If Frank has seen the site, he can expect more negativity, because we need to see the Big Hurt putting up huge numbers, especially in the days to come.

ozzman
04-28-2003, 01:02 PM
i was at the game saturday and saw an amazing sight. frank was standing outside the dugout signing autographs right up till about 5 minutes before the anthem. definitely good to see that he is such a team cancer and that he hates the fans. good for you frank, hope the hitting continues to come around

alohafri
04-28-2003, 01:22 PM
I hope all of the Sox players read WSI. I think this is a great place to find out how real Sox fans feel about their team, stadium and management. We're the fans who really care about the Sox, and most of us are the ones who go to the games and support the team. (THere are some who would go to the games if they could but distance/finances/etc. make that impossible-but they are still just as loyal as the rest of us).

This site has a group of fans who are not "US CELL. Field" fans, or "HR hitter" fans, or frat boy fans who just go to the games for the "fun" of it.

When I see people trying to do the wave at the Cell, or people throwing back HR balls, I get pretty upset-- I don't want our team to think those people represent the real Sox fans.

So this is the place to find the "real deal"--the real Chicago White Sox fans!!

:smile:--Mrs. Aloha

LuvSox
04-28-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
So this is the place to find the "real deal"--the real Chicago White Sox fans!!

Sho 'Nuff

ChiSoxBobette
04-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ozzman
i was at the game saturday and saw an amazing sight. frank was standing outside the dugout signing autographs right up till about 5 minutes before the anthem. definitely good to see that he is such a team cancer and that he hates the fans. good for you frank, hope the hitting continues to come around
I've had season tickets for several years and the one thing Frank does is stay late after warm ups , which this is the 1st year in a long time I've seem Frank out on the field running and stretching with the team;and he's the last player signing autographs for the kids during the Willy Wonka Kids Days which take place Sundays throughout the year. So I don't know why people see Frank before the games and are surprised Franks doing this stuff. I think its more telling that Frank was one of the 1st players off the bench when we almost went to war with the Twinkies Saturday night. He's also in the dugout a lot of the game up near the dugout railing watching the game and one of the 1st players high fiving Sox players when they score or hit a home run .In the past I did'nt even see Frank in the dugout during most of the game. I think those things are more telling about Frank & the team.

GO WHITE SOX
:D: