PDA

View Full Version : Gimme a break Jerry!

MHOUSE
04-27-2003, 10:51 PM
This is what sucks about Manuel. He could have been tossed several times this year: Crede's homer, Garland getting thrown out, Frank's check-swing, but instead he choses a close play at first with one out in the first inning? Gimme a break. Get fired up and back up the team when it counts. Not after an out that the ump was obviously screened from and that most likely won't affect the outcome of a game. I think he was told or got the clue that he should have been more into a few other calls this season and that maybe he needs to get tossed to make up for it. But then it just looks ridiculous. He did the same thing last year IIRC, getting tossed for no reason. Let Nosseck and Coop run the team.

TornLabrum
04-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
This is what sucks about Manuel. He could have been tossed several times this year: Crede's homer, Garland getting thrown out, Frank's check-swing, but instead he choses a close play at first with one out in the first inning? Gimme a break. Get fired up and back up the team when it counts. Not after an out that the ump was obviously screened from and that most likely won't affect the outcome of a game. I think he was told or got the clue that he should have been more into a few other calls this season and that maybe he needs to get tossed to make up for it. But then it just looks ridiculous. He did the same thing last year IIRC, getting tossed for no reason. Let Nosseck and Coop run the team.

I can't help but think that hearing that Prof. Chaos nearly broke his hand after the "foul ball" in Baltimore coupled with the press clippings he's been getting (not to mention the boos from the fans when he goes onto the field) have sent him the message.

However, Gen. Disarray being who he is, naturally learned the wrong lesson. This means he got his commission in the French army.

GASHWOUND
04-27-2003, 10:59 PM

Gimme a break
God that was a crappy show...

Oh, anyway..sort agree..especially on that Crede call in Baltimore..he should have gotten suspended, never mind ejected.
This sort of looks tame and seems more "forced" then anything...but, whatcha gonna do? At least he showed some emotion..anyway,that early in the game is usually "Manuel sleepy Time" So he actually skipped his nap!! Give him credit :cool:

mike squires
04-27-2003, 11:00 PM
I wonder if Williams sitting in the first row had anything to do with it? I agree he could have been kicked out plenty of times before this one, but i'll take it! Maybe he reads this sight...it was kind of funny watching him throw his tantrum though, you know he didn't say one single curse word...he had to use his body language...

voodoochile
04-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
I wonder if Williams sitting in the first row had anything to do with it? I agree he could have been kicked out plenty of times before this one, but i'll take it! Maybe he reads this sight...it was kind of funny watching him throw his tantrum though, you know he didn't say one single curse word...he had to use his body language...

:jerry
(yelling)
"Dagnabit, Doug! You throw me out of this game right now! I'm angry! So Angry! I might have to resort to profanity if you don't kick me out! Darn you to heck! There... are you happy now? I'll start really yelling if you don't throw me out of this game! Now Doug, NOW! Come on! My boss is watching! THROW ME OUT!!! PLEASE?"

(Eddings gives Manuel the thumb)

(Jerry continues to yell)
"That's more like it you kind, kind man! I'll remember you at Christmas time! I'M OUT OF HERE!!!"

Daver
04-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Let Nosseck and Coop run the team.

The problem with this scenario is that neither one of them want any part of being a manager of an MLB club.

There is a reason Joe Nosseck has been the bench coach for three White Sox managers.

MHOUSE
04-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
This sort of looks tame and seems more "forced" then anything...but, whatcha gonna do? At least he showed some emotion..anyway,that early in the game is usually "Manuel sleepy Time" So he actually skipped his nap!! Give him credit :cool:

that's exactly my point. I would rather have him get thrown out when it matters than basically get himself ejected for no reason. It looks exactly that: forced. So you can say he showed emotion, but about what? A bad call at first base that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things? He forced himself into it and I think it makes him look stupid. If he gets tossed arguing that Crede's homer was fair then I stand and aplaud while he exits. If I were at the game today I would have just laughed at him.

ShoelessFred
04-28-2003, 01:25 AM
i did laugh and shake my head

dllrbll7
04-28-2003, 01:37 AM
As soon as i saw him come out i knew he was gonna try to make up for some of his bad press by showing some emotion. I dont know what he said but he got the thumb pretty quick but didnt seem like he was that upset. He could have gone alot more nuts and i wish he would have and maybe thrown some dirt at him or something.

bc2k
04-28-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
:jerry
(yelling)
"Dagnabit, Doug! You throw me out of this game right now! I'm angry! So Angry! I might have to resort to profanity if you don't kick me out! Darn you to heck! There... are you happy now? I'll start really yelling if you don't throw me out of this game! Now Doug, NOW! Come on! My boss is watching! THROW ME OUT!!! PLEASE?"

(Eddings gives Manuel the thumb)

(Jerry continues to yell)
"That's more like it you kind, kind man! I'll remember you at Christmas time! I'M OUT OF HERE!!!"

Yeah, I was thinking it was like Hoosiers where Gene Hackman's character asked to be thrown out.